Home » Forum » Musicians forum »
Colour coding and hummingbirds

Colour coding and hummingbirds

posted on #1
Tu Supporter
Hey Loopers!

Just want to shout out a big thanks for all artists who colour code their tracks. It saves me so much time. I have passed on some good tracks cause it was hard to discern where the choruses and verses were...especially in a 5 minute long track, it can take a long time to work it out. So you see.. like a hummingbird is attracted to red flowers, when I see a colour coded track, I am drawn in.
posted on #2
OliVBee Supporter
i have heard some say it's useless unless markers can be transfered to a DAW once downloaded ... i strongly disagree with this point of view ! i think markers and colors are an additional tool to understand how a track is working ! and the fact it's graphic is an excellent asset for the loops because it's so easy to sit back and listen to the track and watch the structure unfold right in front of you ... effortlessly :D (needless to mention it's also useful when jamming along just listening ! the changes are so much easier to anticipate ;) )
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
kimbo
hey oli.... never meant to diss' the colour bars..... just meant I'm not clever enough to use them:)
posted on #4
OliVBee Supporter
i know buddy !! i was being just a touch mischevious to make a point ;) the colours are indeed tied to markers ... just define the different parts (verse, chorus, bridge or whatever you like to name them : tuna sandwich, garlic bread, tea-time ...), define a colour for each one of these, eventually (i strongly recommand that) define chords played in each part, and finally add markers and stretch the parts so they fit what you played and voila ! you get an easy to follow wonderful looking jam plus a chordsheet generated all at once !! ;)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I am an active member on this awesome site since 2011 and i am jamming nearly every day with lots and lots of friends from all around the world ;)
Basster from Germany

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.