Game Soundtracks

posted on #1
mpointon Supporter
Yeah, weird one, I know. I'm sure some of you out there enjoy your games. But some of the guys doing music for games deserve far more recognition than they get.

Here's my list of games with soundtracks I think just kick you-know-what.

Left 4 Dead 2: It's got banjos. It's dark. It's brooding. For atmospherics and scene setting, it cannot be beaten. It's brilliant. It's even my ringtone. If you play Left 4 Dead 2, the 'saferoom' music is my ringtone (I also have 'the tank' music for my ex-wife). I've even done a template here based on it.
Command & Conquer: Pretty much anything by Frank Klepacki gets my vote. Awesome soundtracks.
Quake 2: I just love the industrial metal tracks of this version of the game.
Inferno (old '90s PC game, sorry): Alien Sex Fiend blowing my socks off.

Yeah, I'm showing my age. What floats your boat?
+5
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
Cool topic :)
Games music is a quite cool "genre",
I remember being positively surprised about the quality of blues tracks used in RailroadTycoonII :)

A project showing real love for arcade game music is the one shown in below youtube video:
These guys perform the full soundtrack to the game Megaman 2 as one guy plays the game live on the stage.
Quite the watch, I guess it doesn't get nerdier than that:
[youtube]FOt6EGgBnQs[/youtube]
+3
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
eGiL Supporter
I'm sucker for the old C64 SID chip music, here's one from one of my favorite composers, Rob Hubbard :)

[youtube]4EcgruWlXnQ[/youtube]
+3
posted on #4
mpointon Supporter
C64 music was awesome. I was a big fan of the music for Forbidden Forest and Aztec Challenge.

I got my dad to teach me how to play the Maple Leaf Rag on the piano because I heard the C64 version of it on China Miner!
+3
posted on #5
Ernie440 Supporter
that's cool a lot of old video games had some cool music ... I know I jammed out a few funky ones on my bass back in the day .. I'll be damned if I can remember which games on that old Atari.
+3
posted on #6
Ernie440 Supporter
a double post? how the?!
posted on #7
Al-Fadista Supporter
This is a cool track from 1994 Super Metroid soundtrack. Loved the game, loved the music :)

[youtube]AsG3sw51yYI[/youtube]
+2
posted on #8
Face Supporter
[youtube]cVukkhUI-xM[/youtube]
The Soundtrack is great
+2
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Al-Fadista Supporter
Secret of Mana is one of my favourite games on Super Nintendo. Great soundtrack. Those two tracks must be the ones I like the most :

[youtube]ImB-HSGXGUc[/youtube]

[youtube]J9KgrcalzNU[/youtube]
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
When I first seen this site I just could not believe the things you could do with other musicians, gone from strength to strength and its all dong to everyone as great musicians, long may it continue.
tron12 from Ireland

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.