Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Select backtracks given the lyrics language

Select backtracks given the lyrics language

posted on #1
ellouidir
Hello,

I don't know if this is possible (it doesn't seem) but it could be nice To select backtracks given the lyrics language.

BR,
Laurent
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
Hmmmmm. I do get your point there :)
But as any categorizing system, this would need to start by letting people select the language as they enter the lyrics, so the first step to take would be offering that in the upload form.
I could eventually do a semi-manual review of the existing 5.200 lyrics... it is possible, but this one is one for the mid-term development requiring quite a lot of effort.
Squeezing in an extra filter on the search interface once someone picks the "has lyrics" filter will be the most annoying task, the wealth of options lets new visitors feel like they are supposed to fly a helicopter...
but it is a good idea for sure :)
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
ellouidir
May be we could use backtrack tags to set the language in future backtrack ? Something like "FrenchLyrics" or "EnglishLyrics" tag ...
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
that would of course be a very easy temporary solution :)
I'm not really 100% sure if all members are aware of the tags possibilities - if you are not a twitter regular, you probably won't be familiar with "branding" stuff by creating a custom hashtag... it works very beautifully,
but I've learned not to expect the loops community to pick up on all offered options. It's always good when single people start giving live examples of what can be done (same applies to the chord markup, btw).
If the hashtag "frenchvox" (or whatever you choose) starts returning a notable number of tracks, then more people will notice the option eventually... :)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
If someone had told me that one day I played with musicians from all over the world I would have taken for a madman. Today this is real! Thanks Dick
Stef from Italy

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.