Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Home of the brave

Home of the brave

posted on #1
GrooveEnth
For no particular reason other than being reminded of Laurie Anderson twice last night... The entire Home Of the Brave concert is on youtube. Go and watch it now, thank me later! ;-)

One of my favourite parts - just stunning.... https://youtu.be/mua8Pr6uRso?t=740
posted on #2
GrooveEnth
And I just found this rather cool performance by David Byrne :) ... [youtube]07G4xhSefuI[/youtube]
+3
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
apsummerlin
Very cool indeed. I was a big Talking Heads fan, saw them live once in 82. Probably my favorite concert of all times. I also enjoy 'The Heads' (TH sans David), Adrian Belew and Brian Eno.
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
GrooveEnth wrote:
For no particular reason other than being reminded of Laurie Anderson twice last night... The entire Home Of the Brave concert is on youtube. Go and watch it now, thank me later! ;-)

Coming around to "thank you later" :D
I've had the concert playing in some side tab while doing some sunday coding,
and I must say that really is some notable artistic stuff!
Shame on me, I had no idea at all who Laurie Anderson is - my only excuse being that I was six years old at the time of the concert. Thanks for the heads up, this seems to be somewhere between Zappa and Kraftwerk :)
posted on #5
GrooveEnth
>Very cool indeed. I was a big Talking Heads fan, saw them live once in 82.

Oh wow- I'm _so_ jealous! Having said that there is some great live footage of TH around on youtube - the Italian concert with Adrian Belew is superb!

>Coming around to "thank you later

Really pleased you enjoyed it Dick! :) The album that concert was based on was fantastic - some amazing muscians involved: andrew belew (the guitarist in the concert as well), nile Rodgers, bill Laswell....

Laurie Anderson was never really that well known but she did have one big 'hit' with "O Superman" - believe it or not this used to get played on the radio!

[youtube]Vkfpi2H8tOE[/youtube]
+1
posted on #6
GemmyF
on the dying edge of radio
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
When I first seen this site I just could not believe the things you could do with other musicians, gone from strength to strength and its all dong to everyone as great musicians, long may it continue.
tron12 from Ireland

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.