Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Do you know this pain

Do you know this pain

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
I often have pain in my hands so I can not play for a long time I know that so I just have to live with that.:|

Lately I notice that if I play flute I get a heavy pain, beginning at tip of my sternum (at the end of my chest boon) , I practiced this morning I church. I felt the pain so, I stopped after half an hour. Have tried to flute again few times today but it hurts a lot . I have been playing for 4 years now and have never had this. That's why I wanted to ask if there are people who play an instument you have to blow air in and recognize this pain. Could it be that I may have breathed badly all this time? pleace let my know if you recognize this. because i don't wont to give up playing flute:o because I enjoy playing together on wikiloops so much.
music is the language all people understand so lets make music instead of war❤
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
With any of the wind instruments, and even singers, we use the diaphragm for breathing, not the rib cage. If you are breathing from the chest that could be part of the problem. Your chest and ribs should not rise or even move...all the breathing and work is done from below the rib cage. If you don't do this it could be part of the problem and it would take some time for you to re-train yourself. Even if it is the problem, any severe pain should be checked with your doctor. If you've over stretched your ribs then it possible to pop a rib from the cartridge. Takes a long time to heal.
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Thanks Wade I gone check it out and yes I already have an upointment with me dokter
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
Still waiting to hear if you're OK.
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
Hi Wade The doctor said that it is Tietze Syndrome I have had ointment for it and it can take a long time before it is over. I had this apparenly already but because of fysiotherapy I get now for my arms and scholders I got more pain .
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Kevin from Austin, TX

"Great resource - thanks for all your work"

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali .