Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
On witch daw can you here the effect while recording

On witch daw can you here the effect while recording

posted on #1
Navota Supporter
When i record the flute sometimes I would like Too put some echo or other effect on it . When I Use Music Maker you can't hear the effects when you record i looking fora daw where that is possible and is not difficult to use does anyone have some advice for me
posted on #2
leftTheLoops22012324
Most daws have a Delay effect of some sort .
I have used music maker it has some good effects built into it.
Put your effect on the same channel as your flute n look for a button called monitor if this is not engaged u will hear nothing in your speakers or headphones when u record . with a flute try putting a reverb first n delay the mix button on reverb will a just how much reverb or pick a small room preset. Than the delay the feedback button a just how may echoes u get leave the delay on default preset
+1
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
FrankieJ Supporter
Maybe one of these will be to your liking.

https://www.audacityteam.org/
https://www.reaper.fm/
+1
posted on #4
leftTheLoops22012324
PS there are 3 ways you can use effects on an insert which is directly on your channel yr using or a send fx or bus channel when u want to use same effect of many channels but if u only use one channel with yr flute the insert on the channel best for u.
Also go to the windows tool bar on top of music maker look for view open it n tick mixer n yr mixer should open up all the controls are there on each channel look for insert on the channel your flute using
Also if u want to try an easy daw download Reaper on the net its free for 2 months than only cost $60us to get licence its very easy to learn n understand comes with all affects etc
+1
posted on #5
leftTheLoops22012324
https://youtu.be/PSm2Gm9ugKk
when you say music maker I assume yr taking about magix music maker here's a link to a tutorial on utube
+1
posted on #6
Navota Supporter
Thank you I never know you that you have to present that in the mixer:o never to old to learn
posted on #7
Fishinmissio
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QZz5tW-KWqU7sT-yYK75XYMtQcOB5H2r/view?usp=sharing

It's in the box on the left, top right on the track you are recording

I can do it with my Music Maker 2014..There are track FX presets that you cannot undo, then there are track FX that you can undo after you record(on the 2014 edition). I way prefer the 2014 Edition over the newer ones. Got any questions shoot me a PM:D
posted on #8
Navota Supporter
thanks Fishinmissio I gone try out some things
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Fishinmissio
I have 2019 as well..If it would help maybe I can pull it up and see what ya gotta do. I think most things are the same, just looks different. That in itself may be why I favor 2014.
+1
posted on #10
rp3drums Supporter
GarageBand is very user friendly and you can hear all effects without a noticeable delay. The monitor feature enables this. I plug a Scarlet212 into GarageBand. Works well with a mic for recording.
+1
posted on #11
Navota Supporter
Fishinmissio wrote:
I have 2019 as well..If it would help maybe I can pull it up and see what ya gotta do. I think most things are the same, just looks different. That in itself may be why I favor 2014.

Hi fishinmisso it worked I can now here the effect when I'm recording.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
This site is the best fun you can have with your instrument other than making love or live music. Guaranteed!
TeeGee from Germany

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.