Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
"Best of...." albums

"Best of...." albums

posted on #1
Tinkeround
I was listening to track #6674 and thought it was definitely one of the most polished and complete songs on wikiloops. It is really good music. I love it when we (collectively) put complete songs together. It shows what we are capable of.

Here is an idea, at the end of every year we should vote on the 10 best complete songs and create a wikiloops 2012 CD. Dick could set aside a place on the site where the "Songs of the Year" are given a place of honor. That way someone could go to wikiradio and listen to the "best of..." albums from 2012, 2013, etc. It may encourage folks to work on making complete songs. I know for a fact that I want to be on that CD some year.

Tinkeround
posted on #2
glennp
Cool idea! I agree, there is some really great tracks on the loops and many more that can be even better if they were finished off with a vocal part or another instrument.
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Tinkeround
Maybe during the month of December members can recommend songs as candidates for the "Best of 2012" CD. Then Dick, working his magic, can set aside a portion of the site for people to listen to and vote on the candidates during the month of January. That way we can all vote on which songs make the CD.
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
that sounds like a good idea to me there...

Lets say everyone can nominate up to five tracks for the final poll,
all suggested tracks go into a list and can be voted on (not regarding the "normal" thumbcount on this hitlist). No problem to do that really, go ahead and post your suggestions :)
posted on #5
Tinkeround
My nominations for "Best of 2012" are......
posted on #6
PeterVeillon

Ok these are my choices after listening to every wikijams there is. Choosing 5 is still difficult because I can think of so many that are deserving (that doesn't have me, lol).
posted on #7
Tinkeround
Hey Peter, you can give us 4 more nominations if you'd like. Everyone can nominate 5 tracks then Dick will post them all for us to listen to and vote on.

Tink
posted on #8
GoD
SO I am now on my journey through 1000 good jams to find my top 5 ^^
Your idea is very cool to make an own WMA´s (Wikiloops Music Awards)
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
GoD
These are the choosen 5

okay the last one is one track where I also been playing guitar hope it´s ok..........I chose it in the minute I´ve heard it and when my guitar wasn´t in there but I can´t control myself and I had to do what I was doing I am possessed from this song aaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh some one call an ambulance

;)
posted on #10
AirFlow

I have more jams in my list, but 5 jams that I choose now for this. :)
posted on #11
Slimdaver

B)
posted on #12
Dick Supporter
I am a settin up the final vote page today,
late contributions welcome :)
get down with yer bad selfes and lets collect some more gems here :)
Electric Guitar
159 €
posted on #13
Dick Supporter
I did enter all of your suggestions into the competition, except God's 474 - that one is definetly from 2011 (notice the early session ID).

You may now start voting by visiting:
(link removed, as outdated)

and to all of you late on this - no problem, you may still add your five picks while the thing is running :) End of voting will be first of january!

Looking forward to an exquisit mix, have fun all

Dick
posted on #14
Tinkeround
Hey Dick,

Nice job setting this up. Thanks for pulling this together.

Tinkeround
posted on #15
mic1011
Let's do this! MAYBE we can do it like an awards event...maybe have categories which allow people to win recognition without being selected as the best. For example, best rookie bassist, guitarist etc

In other words, organize everyone by skill level, then vote for recognition within those groups. Another example. .

Mic1011 best bassist with the letters M, and C in their username. This would allow me to win because Basster and Alex don't have those letters in their usernames :-D

Best rookies ....
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Timeless, entertaining, helpful, friendly and always surprising! I like when an idea is growing and is constantly reinvented. All users here are wikiloops and I like that. This is not any site on the web, it is wikiloops!
adu from Germany

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.