Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Always On the Move...

Always On the Move...

posted on #1
mpointon Supporter
Hey everyone. I'm still here - just. As usual, my life bumps from one change to another and time for playing, let alone recording, has been very thin on ground. I never forget about the 'Loops though - it's always in the back of my mind as something I want to do.

Anyway, in short I'm on the move again! With my mother's death last year and finally getting probate sorted behind me, it's now time to move my life on as I always planned: namely to leave the UK for good.

To this end, I've purchased a house in Spain. Near Zurgena, Andalucia to be more precise. After looking at places in Italy and France, I settled on Spain as my destination. Mainly because of the weather but also house prices helped too. This will complete mid-summer and I plan to move out there as soon as possible after. One plus side is I can still keep my current job as it's remote-based anyway.

So I'll keep trying to add when I finally get the odd chance but my studio will shortly be packed up for shipping...

And, if the residency stuff goes to plan, I can finally look forward to getting my European freedom of movement back!

See you on a track soon (hopefully!)
+8
posted on #2
wjl Supporter
Too bad that I couldn't follow your invitation to Cambridge, but thanks for that again anyway :) And wow, now you're really going down South, aren't you?

Wishing you all the best for your move, Martin :)

Be well, stay safe, and take care my friend :) And come back to the 'loops as soon as your kit is reassembled :)

Cheers,
Wolfgang
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Shi Supporter
Hi from me Martin, and sending you my best wishes and I hope all goes well for your move :) Wishing you all the Best and look forward to hearing more from you when you have your new music studio set up :) take care, Shi :)
+1
posted on #4
Wade Supporter
Ah Martin! So good to hear from you and that you've made some positive moves. How's your Spanish? There are some fine players in Spain that I've had a chance to play with. Unfortunately, if I've got the right Zurgena, you're not near any of them. No matter! Enjoy the warmth of sunny days for most of the year.

Hope to be hearing more from you once you're settled in.
posted on #5
mpointon Supporter
It's been a long time coming but all my belongings (including my beloved blue Yamaha kit) are now in a van heading to southern Spain. It has felt like an eternity waiting for this moment!

But in just over 24 hours (5am on the 30th to be precise), I'll be beginning my 2-day journey to my new home. And if all goes to plan with my residencia application, back in Europe where I feel I belong. I can't wait.
mpointon attached the following image:

Edited by mpointon on 28 giugno 2021 23:53
If you make a mistake, do it again and make it look like you meant to do it!
+3
posted on #6
OliVBee Supporter
all the best for your trip and this new life !
posted on #7
frankiejazz Supporter
My best wishes for a fresh start. Come and visit my city of Como and its lake. You might like. A hug!
+1
posted on #8
wjl Supporter
5am on the 30th, so by now you're on a ferry, or on European soil already?

Have a safe journey my friend, and let us know about it when you arrived, and have the time to do so.

Be well and take care,
Wolfgang
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
A place really dedicated to music, no matter the style, where people from around the world, no matter where, really enjoy each other's contribution ... how good is that ??? That's wikiloops !
OliVBee from France

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.