Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
Low Latency net audio device 'web-ad' spotted

Low Latency net audio device 'web-ad' spotted

posted on #1
MikeB Supporter
Spotted this page browsing the internet recently. A company selling what looks like a simple 2-4 input usb multi-track processor with an ethernet port built in. Very commercial looking site at https://elk.live.
The device is relatively inexpensive, but there are yearly fees.

I read some about their company and they've developed an audio specialized os. Claiming 1ms latency over large distances. Unfortunately, the site is extremely secretive and does not offer any docs or specs. The device (released as Aloha) is relative inexpensive, although there are yearly fees. That being released December last, and surprisingly little info about it on the web.

Perhaps we'll see more devices like this one in the coming years.
posted on #2
eGiL Supporter
Even with high bandwidth fiber you have a few ms of latency, so this sounds impossible :p The gaming industry that has perfected network payloads (and sends really simple instructions compared to an audio stream) can't produce results like that.....

So I call scam! :P (In reference to the 1ms latency claim)
+3
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
OliVBee Supporter
Elk Audio is a swedish company ... they're real and they've been integrating devices with their very low latency audio OS ... the Elk bridge that is advertised here claims to induce almost no latency from the interface itself and leaving the user with the latency from their internet connection indeed which in some cases (strong fiber with just a little latency) could be 10ms for two buddies jamming 600km apart from each other ... that means it's very similar to the natural latency you'll get from jamming in the same room !
So no i wouldn't call it a scam or at least not entirely ;)
posted on #4
Krillo
As a latency-geek this is very interesting, though I've never heard of Elk Audio. I have been following the development of Soundjack for a number of years. You can buy a dedicated device for this too, or use any ASIO-interface. https://www.soundjack.eu/
posted on #5
eGiL Supporter
OliVBee wrote:
Elk Audio is a swedish company ... they're real and they've been integrating devices with their very low latency audio OS ... the Elk bridge that is advertised here claims to induce almost no latency from the interface itself and leaving the user with the latency from their internet connection indeed which in some cases (strong fiber with just a little latency) could be 10ms for two buddies jamming 600km apart from each other ... that means it's very similar to the natural latency you'll get from jamming in the same room !
So no i wouldn't call it a scam or at least not entirely ;)

I was then referencing the 1ms latency claim :D
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
What's really unique here is the positive attitude of the community, with encouragement and support for everyone. I found that nowhere else on the net.
Lutz from France

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.