Home » Forum » Hey there... »
New User Couple of questions

New User Couple of questions

posted on #1
Coho
I was looking and found some fantastic acoustic backing tracks, to sing and play harmonica with. I usually record some videos on youtube for friends and family back east. 1) they are cover songs (like Honeybee, Catfish blues... I got the impression that cover tunes are not allowed? Even if I change some lyrics and do my own thing with the harp? I would gladly mention whoever supplied the backing track. and promote wikiloops on my site. I'm not a pro
just an avid blues fan learning to sing and play:) also I've never been apt with navigating forums:)
Great site to practice on Thank you
+1
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
Welcome Coho, good to have you here. The rule on covers is quite simple: No covers whatsoever allowed here. Only original material... https://www.wikiloops.com/knowledge/why_are_cover_songs_not_allowed_on_wikiloops.php

We have so many cool blues type backing tracks here, no need for covers if you ask me.

Regarding lyrics, we also have a large number of original lyrics available in our "lyrics" section, why don't you use them? Much nicer than covers in my opinion :)
+2
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Coho
Thank you for the clarification. I'll certainly visit the lyrics section.
I'm a fan of the old blues turn of phrase, like "make your backbone slip"
or "cakewalk into town" and so many others;) Great site. Thank you
+1
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
I grew up on the old blues masters, still love it! you will find a lot of blues fans here, too
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
The thing about wikiloops is the incredible people willing to share their creations with the world purely for their love for music. It's priceless!
Riky from Portugal

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.