Home » Forum » Hey there... »
Hello

Hello

posted on #1
BB6 Supporter
I've been here a week now and I'm liking it very much. My name is Peter, I'm well into my 70s, live in East Lancashire and wikiloops is the only social media I do. I'm avoiding EMF, microwaves and wi-fi for as long as possible - it helps me stay young. Same with sugar, junk food and any kind of drugs. And I do plenty of exercise. But I'm still fat - are they putting sugar in organic veg?

I've been busy on WL listening to you excellent musicians and contributing a few things myself, so I've been sat down more than usual, so I'm going to get less busy and do more exercise again. Health has to come first. But WL is great for my mental health. I've discovered what "finding your voice" means. Self-expression is a vital need, methinks. I've never had confidence to sing or play, but now, in my second childhood, I don't give a damn about what people think about me, so I've been playing the mouthorgan and writing songs since last year. I intend to get good enough to go busking. wikiloops feels like it appeared in my search engine just at the right time. Now I can jam along with real musicians and I've been treated really well so far. So I can foresee my self-expression blossoming. Thanks in advance everybody!

Some musical influences: Sonny Boy Williamson, Sonny Terry, Brownie McGhee, Howling Wolf, Chuck Berry, Beatles, John Mayall, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, John McLaughlin, Santana, Adrian Sherwood, Dub Syndicate, Tackhead, African Headcharge, On The Wire (Radio Lancashire), House music, Waldeck, Kruder Dorfmeister, Afterlife, and now wikiloops musicians, many of whom are up there with those I've mentioned, I think. There are probably even some pioneers on here. I feel like I've been brought a few steps closer to greatness every time I visit. Thanks again, especially Dick. Amazing thing you set up and maintain here, Dick. Thank you very much. :) <3
+9
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
Welcome Peter, good to have you here! I am sure you will have a lot of fun making music or listening to a lot of original non commercial music. I see you out there :)
+2
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
zedders Supporter
Hi from West Lancashire!
+2
posted on #4
Shi Supporter
Hi and a warm welcome to the Loops from me Peter :) Nice to have you with us :)
+2
posted on #5
BB6 Supporter
Thanks all. Your warm welcomes and kindnesses are gratefully received. Loving the Loops <3 :Y :D
+2
posted on #6
wjl Supporter
And a - belated, I know - warm welcome from me as well Peter :) Good to have you here :)
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I think that Wikiloops is the dream that every musician had ever... to share ideas and projects, even is a form of collective learning, fusion of styles, good atmosphere among friends, always with respect...
ivax from Spain

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.