Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Parle francais? espanol? other lingo?!

parle francais? espanol? other lingo?!

posted on #1
Dick Supporter
Please help translate our FAQ-section!! First beta-version translated with software is online for native-speakers review [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/faq/en/faq.php]here[/url]

I know its asked a lot, but maybe someone good in one of the languages above and crazy about wiki would like to volunteer to help translate this page!

For hose brave enough to continue reading: Imagine all standard texs excluding comments and user-typed text is split into handy bits, all assigned with code numbers. Within the code, only those refferring numbers are used, so the sie can display in multiple languages, depending on which language is loaded.
You would receive several pages of those numbered bits like codebit[234]="click here to listen to the jam!"; and would replace the text into whatever language, mail it back to me and I'll do the rest...
yes, that is more than just a minute of work, bu many would be thankful I believe!

I thought asking was better than not mentioning the option - I'd do it myself if I could speak anything but english and german...
posted on #2
Lutz
Administrator
Hallo Dick,
ich lebe in Frankreich, spreche Französisch, aber nicht perfekt, bin ja kein Muttersprachler. Ich sage mal, wenn du keinen echten Franzosen findest, könnte ich es schon machen. Würde mich auch bemühen, den Musiker slang noch bisschen besser zu studieren. Aber was ist mit MakkE? er ist vielleicht besser.
Übrigens schätze ich, dass aus Frankreich relativ wenig kommen wird. Das Englisch ist hier nicht so toll, und hier sagt man auch Fa dièse statt Fis und Si bémol statt Bb und so...
Also wirklich nur wenn du keinen Besseren findest...

Lieben Gruß
Lutz
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Dick Supporter
OK, so we would need a second frenchmen to crossread... still looking for spanish volunteers ;)
posted on #4
blue-rix
Hi Dick
Wenns um Russisch geht, könnte ich helfen. Gibs eigentlich schon Russische Wikkilooper ? Naja ich habs mal in der Schule gelernt, und zur Not hilft mir da ne Freundin aus der Berufsschule.
Was das Französich betrifft, so kann meine Übermieterin bestimmt helfen, weil die ist Französin und kann kaum Deutsch. Für die Musikalischen begriffe müsste Lutz dann helfen an betreffenden Textstellen.
Ist nur ne Idee
Gruß
posted on #5
Old_Mojo
Probably don't need Lakhota huh? :)
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
whats "record your jam and load it up to wikiloops" in lakotha? I'd just like to know...
same for russian :)
posted on #7
Old_Mojo
Hokahey niolawan wikiloops waniyan unktelo. (roughly)
posted on #8
Dick Supporter
upping this thread once more, since we had some new members in trouble for lack of english-knowledge - no offense there, I just noticed its not too easy to understand the principles of wikiloops without any look at the FAQs... so I'm back motivated to start working on this issue. I believe, a translated FAQ is even more necessary than translating the interface itself - you get a routine with the standard terms if you have understood the concept.
So I tried around with google translate a bit. Too bad, you cannot navigate wikiloops continiously within translate. This is due to the dynamic programming, which causes the browser to leave translates frame and returns you to wikiloops pages in their original language.
I will try to add links to the same FAQ-Article in a Translate-Frame for all neither comfortable with english nor german. I'm affraid I will have to rework the texts in english towards more simple sentences, so the bot can do better results...

IF I'm done with applying theese links AND you happen to know any non-english lingo, here would be a job for you:
Open the FAQ-Article with the Translate-link in the language you are familiar with and crossread the result. Copy and Paste the text as a reply to the article and correct misleading translations in a way people will understand a little better if necessary.
In a second step, I would reorganize the translated and corrected FAQs by language, and googles services would no longer be needed... Hope this sounds like a convenient way to you, correcting googles translations has some fun aspect to it, so I hope some of you can hellp me out here...
I'll give you a go as soon as the links are up.
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Dick Supporter
ok, just checked the translate-thing once more... guess the major problem is that the design / paragraphs are destroyed, thus creating chaotic text layout... I'll be at it... wait and see...
posted on #10
Dick Supporter
[url=http://www.wikiloops.com/faq/en/faq.php]the multi - lingo -faqs[/url]

are online - if you happen to speak durch, french, italian, spanish or potugese, please crossread the help section and leave feedback in the comments boxes below the articles.

To make it a little easier on me, please [i]"quote the sentence you would like changed first"[/i] and then write the translation you'd prefer, like this

[i]"jam session"[/i] -> "SESSION DE MARMELADE" (you see, i learned some french today, lol)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
A fantastic site where you can share your musical ideas and developing new ones!
frankiejazz from Italy

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.