Urft Broadcast?

posted on #1
AnneCozean Supporter
I'm wondering if there are enough brains in this musical realm to be able to put together a live broadcast from the Urft Party coming soon. I've attended musical get-togethers this way, and those not there felt like they almost were - seeing/hearing jams as they happened. It really stretched my grin muscles and gave me and others the opportunity to be there long distance. We could be discussing online here what we're seeing/hearing there. The videos shot last year were wonderful! I'm thinking live feed would be cool this year, and I know technical brainiacs abound here. Just a thought, a hope, a fervent wish! :)
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
Hey my dearest Anne,
we tried doing live broadcast last year - the problem is that the "venue" does not have sufficient WiFi in the room we will be jamming in, and we decided against throwing a 200yard ethernet line across the place... I'll try to find out if any of that changed during the past year, if its possible, I'll see what can be done :)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
AnneCozean Supporter
Oh well of COURSE you already tried it - what was i thinking???
I just had a bimbo moment a year too late. :)
Wish I weren't the Worst Traveler in the Entire World, or I would sooooo be there.
Thank you, Dick - for this reply and all you do for us.
posted on #4
mpointon Supporter
As Dick said, bandwidth is the enemy here. If the host site can't support streaming with enough bandwidth, you've got problems. I'd say recording it for YouTube would be better overall anyway. Logistically it's much easier as the mixes can be done after the event!

Which reminds me: Dick. If you need [extra] multi-track recording gear, cameras, etc., for the Urft event, let me know and I'll bring my toys with me. They'll fit in my suitcase no problems plus I'm already toying with driving over rather than flying!
posted on #5
Girard
Was interested in this too...this is gonna be special for you guys!!!!

I can't wait to see the videos.
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
OK, heres the news concerning live-cast from Urft...
as I have been told, a standard internet connection should be available to us this year,
I have not been able to go over and test it, but I wouldn't expect too much upload bandwidth since we are in a rural area after all.

Now, from my long gone days of experimenting with webradio ten years ago, I still have this nice little tool slumbering on my laptop which actually allows video live stream even under very bad bandwidth conditions... it does however require installing a small software to be able to receive the stream.
I have set up a help article on how to use / operate that one year ago when preparing the last wiki meet which is still online [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/help.php?page_id=70]here[/url] - as I have been told, "streamer" does not work on apple, it is however the simplest and coolest tool which actually works quite nicely in the limited bandwidth situation. We've tried google / YT livestreaming and other options last year, and none was working half as good, so I'll stick to streamer this year.
I'd like to add that Iain, the coder of streamer.p2p was a huge inspiration to me when it comes to "lets sit down and code something crazy to make use of the internet in a good way", so I really love to use it, even tho streamer looks like a beta version from the C64 age as far as interface design is concerned...

I am actually casting a test stream from the wikiloops office (nice name fr my flat, huh?) this afternoon & evening for those who'd like to test that, just visit above help article to check it out :)
posted on #7
Girard
This is huge. So excited. Thanks Dick!!
posted on #8
Marceys Supporter
That's cool Dick.

However... I wont be able to check the video during the wikiloopsmeeting cause I will be there! But can I do some greetings at home via the camera! :)

Looking forward, thanks for all the work you do to get this thing started!

Cheerzzz

Marc
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
frankyguitar
Hey Dick, that's great news!! But unfortunately it runs not with fruits stuff. Can try it out with my PC from office.... next week , hope it works and so I'm be able to have a look at Urft!!
Thank you very much for this great idea!!
Hans Dampf in allen Gassen!! :D
posted on #10
Marceys Supporter
Hey franky, have you tried "virtualbox" a program to run windowssoftware on your mac!

Cheerzzzz
posted on #11
Girard
Marceys wrote:
Hey franky, have you tried "virtualbox" a program to run windowssoftware on your mac!

Cheerzzzz

Great idea!
posted on #12
Davnel99
Hey Dick
did the install and have video but no audio?
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
posted on #13
gioganotti
Same problem.
posted on #14
Dick Supporter
just added the audio, my bad :)
posted on #15
gioganotti
Already there are sound. Thanks.;)
posted on #16
Dick Supporter
Hey folks,
i just visited the urft location and checked bandwidth...
good news, that looked quite good to me!!
Chances are we'll be streaming from tomorrow afternoon (german time=shoutbox time) on,
looking foreward to seeing some of your guys comments on the "djc"-DJ-Chatbox built into streamer.
For those who are reading in this thread for the first time, here's the [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/help.php?page_id=70] link[/url] to the setup tutorial for our streming client.
I'll have the test stream running from now on, if you'd like to check it out :)
posted on #17
Girard
Dick wrote:
Hey folks,
i just visited the urft location and checked bandwidth...
good news, that looked quite good to me!!
Chances are we'll be streaming from tomorrow afternoon (german time=shoutbox time) on,
looking foreward to seeing some of your guys comments on the "djc"-DJ-Chatbox built into streamer.
For those who are reading in this thread for the first time, here's the [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/help.php?page_id=70] link[/url] to the setup tutorial for our streming client.
I'll have the test stream running from now on, if you'd like to check it out :)

Thank you for making this happen. I am SO HAPPY! I will be there to offer support!
posted on #18
frankyguitar
That's really good news:D !! Yeah! Really nice for us!
But not for me, I'm a poor mac user, so is the door closed for me :o
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #19
AnneCozean Supporter
come to my house, Franky, and share my mac!
posted on #20
Girard
I can re-broadcast the streamer stream to USTREAM from my computer, allowing mac/linux users to view it on my Ustream channel. I'll set it up tonight, and let you Mac users test it out. Gonna be easy. Don't worry folks, this is one of my areas where I now what i'm doing! I've broadcasted a lot using Ustream.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Jamming with others is so easy and there is an atmosphere of cooperation and morale support with musicians which is priceless and why I support wiki!
Itocpogo from United States

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.