Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Wikiloops 2015 - annual transparency report

wikiloops 2015 - annual transparency report

posted on #1
Dick Supporter
So here it is again, the annual open report about the wikiloops development & funding situation.

This report has been good practise to stay in touch & keep things transparent to all members and supporters,
and you can find the [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=713]previous years reports[/url] around as well.

There are a few things intended by letting people look into the backstage situation of wikiloops, which I'd like to mention prior to offering the 2015 numbers:
- interested individuals who wonder why we ask for support should be able to make an informed judgement about this project
- supporters of wikiloops get to know what happened with their money
- "we collaborate, you are invited!" is the core message of wikiloops, and we apply this concept to running the plattform itself as well, instead of turning wikiloops into a sure-win-sneaky-deal business along the lines of "you collaborate, we get rich".
Projects like the wikipedia proove amazing things can be done with the help of many, and it remains an open quest if wikiloops can be led a similar path in the long run.
This report is about chapter five of this adventure, the quest goes on, you are invited :)

posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
I read the report, and I can only say a big thank you!!!! And I will keep donating as much as I can.
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
nilton
One thing that startles me that the costs for tax accounting and banking fees are very high. Together over 2000 euros
posted on #4
OliVBee Supporter
giant step yessss ! hopefully next year will be even better :)
thanks for the wonderful work Dick !
posted on #5
ROBJOL Supporter
Thank you very much Dick. We all should know that we have to participate with a few $$$ to keep this wonderful adventure to go on.
posted on #6
Girard
Great presentation Dick, this was entertaining and very interesting data. Pleased to see you came within 200 Euros of not losing any money! That's great. Wikiloops is getting better all the time and I think the next report will show green.
posted on #7
mandolodda
danke danke danke und schön das ich dich kenne und sagen kann: das ist ein guter freund von mir

ganz liebe grüße
Lothar
posted on #8
FrankieJ Supporter
Thank you Dick for Wikiloops and all the work you do here.
Informative report.
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
aleonz
I can never thank you enough for all your wonderful work Dick!
posted on #10
Rickplayer
Seems to be catching on that everyone should donate to help keep this wonderful site alive. Come on wikiloopers donate donate donate. Thanks Dick
posted on #11
Moor
I can only applaud such transparency and of course the amount of hours put into this website! I've seen differently and I've left some because of lack of interest in the community on their website.. It fills my heart withjoy to see things can be different! Wikiloops is a great example of this!

I'm not a supporting member yet but will surely become one as soon as I can! Thumbs up for all the work!
posted on #12
Nightjoe
nilton wrote:
One thing that startles me that the costs for tax accounting and banking fees are very high. Together over 2000 euros

Surprise me too. US not so bad after all;)
https://www.sympat.me/facts-banking-money-germany/
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
posted on #13
Dick Supporter
Naw, the bank's fees are not the main issue here, joe, the german bank maybe takes 5% of the stated sum, 50% are spent on the tax accountant which one definetly needs to stay out of trouble and the rest goes to paypal (an US company as far as I recon), which also likes to take quite high fees on any transaction, especially on small ones.
If people donate one buck, all that really arrives at the loops are about 45Cent after paypal fees and VAT, the ratio gets a lot better on higher amounts, but they charge big time for such micropayments lower than 5$.
The tax accountant works for roundabout 60USD an hour, and the german government does require international acting companies like the wikiloops media UG to file the very same kind of tax report as it applies to companies like mercedes benz.
This may seem ridiculous, but there's just no way to avoid that if one doesn't feel like moving the business to Panama.
If you would see the shelf full of paperwork that the whole wiki business has created in five years, you'd probably agree its money well spent to have someone take care of that.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
They are BANNING music out there. We can spread it!
jstef from Italy

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.