- Novembre 30 2020Jazz remixato da mpointon al/alla Mixer & Batteria Traccia # 204354Purple Clouds (OliV Remix)
- Novembre 12 2020Jazz-Rock remixato da Ernie440 con mpointon Traccia # 202952Under the Surveillance Grid
- Settembre 14 2020Pop remixato da jhonrobert con mpointon Traccia # 198334Didn't Expect You Too! 2
- Agosto 23 2020Jazz-Rock remixato da OliVBee con mpointon Traccia # 196970Lucky Charm - Pewi Flute solo mix
- Novembre 09 2019Electronic remixato da jussef63 con mpointon Traccia # 175576Maybe this way
- Settembre 05 2019Blues remixato da marmotte con mpointon Traccia # 171003Broken
- Agosto 26 2019Jazz remixato da OliVBee con mpointon Traccia # 170283Summer Breeze - Fivestringer mix
- Luglio 28 2019Jazz-Rock remixato da mpointon al/alla Batteria Traccia # 168337The Wheel Of Life - Oli Mix
- Giugno 22 2019Funk remixato da mpointon al/alla Mixer Traccia # 165980Fisco Dunky
- Giugno 03 2019Pop remixato da Tofzegrit con mpointon Traccia # 164629Pianissimo Fusionare
- Maggio 09 2019Rock remixato da ivax con mpointon Traccia # 163164Velvet Sun IV el Reencuentro
- Febbraio 27 2019Jazz-Rock remixato da Tofzegrit con mpointon Traccia # 158701Half Terms (Mix/edit)
- Settembre 15 2018Jazz remixato da OliVBee con mpointon Traccia # 146678Two Suns - Fivestringer mix
- Ottobre 28 2017Samba remixato da nadrek con mpointon Traccia # 119970Let's Party!
- Settembre 18 2016Jazz remixato da marmotte con mpointon Traccia # 84108Relax Just A Little + BackVocs
- Agosto 28 2016Blues remixato da OliVBee con mpointon Traccia # 81987My Key Blues - Martin mixed
- Maggio 17 2016Rock remixato da Wade con mpointon Traccia # 73268Crumbled Universe...Yum!
- Aprile 14 2016Rock remixato da allan1970 con mpointon Traccia # 70100Waves of emotion
- Settembre 12 2015World remixato da mpointon al/alla Batteria Traccia # 49551The Boy Don't Live Here
- Maggio 26 2015Rock remixato da Milachica con mpointon Traccia # 40974The Wish
- Marzo 02 2015Funk remixato da Tofzegrit con mpointon Traccia # 34178Mid Tern
Biografia e influenze musicali
I'm bald. I play drums. What's not to like? (probably lots!)
Been playing around 35 years on and off. Worked professionally in my early '20s after graduating from Musician's Institute (MI) in London but ended up in software development not long after in order to make a livable wage. Still there. Thanks to the marvels of home working, I got to the age of 48 and ditched my home country of the UK and moved to Southern Spain. Partly for the change but mostly because the UK has become a massive guff of nativist, self-serving clots who stole my citizenship of Europe in the name of 'taking back control'. I will never return if I can help it. I never thought I'd live to be ashamed of a British passport.
Anyway... Drums (along with flying paramotors) has been and always will be my primary interest. Along with playing in local bands (took two weeks after moving here for a local band to discover a new drummer was on the block!), Wikiloops is my primary musical outlet and ongoing musical guide. I'm always striving to improve my playing and learn as much as I can. You're never too old or too experienced to learn new things from other musicians. Saying that, I've been on hiatus from Wikiloops for over six months now whilst I settle in my new country and await the completion of my studio. I am very much looking forward to contributing again. For now my drums are set up where my band rehearses and my studio gear is piled in the living room waiting for their new home.
You might think all you do is 'give back' when you're experienced but I'm always learning here. There's many places out there like Wikiloops but none of them have the camaraderie of this place - an oasis of working and playing together for the sheer hell of it no matter where you come from. The pure joy of unjudged music and creativity where who you are or where you're from just doesn't matter.
- 8-Piece Yamaha 9000 (Recording Custom) all-birch kit in oddly-rare Cobalt Blue. Sizes are: 22x16, 18x16, 16x16, 14x12, 13x11, 12x10, 10x10, 8x8. All drums using Remo Ambassador coated heads
- Spaun four-piece all-maple kit with Gibraltar hardware. Sizes are: 22x18, 16x14, 12x8. This resides in the UK for use with my band there.
- A N Other kit, likely a Gretsch Catalina for studio use once it's built
- Electric kit. Brand to be decided.
- Triggers. Brand to be decided
14x4.5 1964 Ludwig 400 Supraphonic (my default snare)
14x5 Yamaha 8000 mahogany
14x5 Handmade (by me!) Premier Birch/Eucalyptus XPK
13x3 Pearl Brass Piccolo
- Alesis SamplePad Pro (cheap Octapad copy!). Resides in the UK for use with my band.
Tambourine, LP egg shaker, blue and red LP Jam Blocks and other assorted percussion
dispositivi di registrazione
- 2 x Audio-Technica AT-8030 condenser overheads
- 3 x generic goosneck clip-on tom mics
- 1 x AKG D112 Kick mic
- Some other mics yet to be purchased
- Tascam Model 24 live mixing desk/22-in USB recording interface
- 6-in compact mixer for occasions when the Model 24 isn't enough
- Dell desktop core i7 running Reaper and PreSonus Studio One with loads of plugins including Waves Gold suite v9 and Izotope
- 2018 MacBook Pro. Not used much as half my plugins won't work since MacOS went 64-bit-only
- Enough cables to start my own bungee jumping company
- Converted shed with Rockwool sound insulation for studio
Data di nascita
Gennaio 1 1973
|Fans (“Mi piace” ricevuti):||13.640|
|“Mi piace” assegnati:||4.379|
|Post nel Forum:||479|
"If someone had told me that one day I played with musicians from all over the world I would have taken for a madman. Today this is real! Thanks Dick "