Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »What are you listening to?

What are you listening to?

posted on #161
User Avatar Supporter
metal morning for me :)

[youtube]z-J7azRy2Ng[/youtube]
posted on #162
User Avatar Supporter
https://playingforchange.com/listen-to-the-music/
Edited by WiltonDrummer on Maggio 23 2021 00:48
posted on #163
User Avatar Member
[youtube]qmlRNxnV7Z8[/youtube]Hello Wikiloopers friends, here I just want to share with you a Youtube link of the musical laboratory of Michel Cusson (ex guitarist of "USEB" Jazz). In his interactive videos, Michel expresses himself in French and English ... Friendly greetings, Ray:W
https://youtu.be/qmlRNxnV7Z8
Edited by StJray on Maggio 23 2021 13:44
Stj Ray
posted on #164
User Avatar Supporter
J'ai toujours apprécié le travail de ce virtuose Québécois.
:o
posted on #165
Administrator
It was about 1976 or so when I first heard and saw Jean-Baptiste Frédéric Isidor, Baron Thielemans in a club in Cologne, Germany, called "Subway". He brought a then also still young bass player called Jeff Berlin with him, and we were literally standing on our tables to see these guys. Later we sat down and talked and had some beers with them. Here's Jean with NHØP:

[youtube]Ivdn-ezWhq0[/youtube]

In case you just want to hear his 'Bluesette', it's at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivdn-ezWhq0&t=1853s (30:53 min/sec in)... enjoy...
Edited by wjl on Maggio 24 2021 12:29
posted on #166
Administrator
StJray wrote:
[youtube]qmlRNxnV7Z8[/youtube]Hello Wikiloopers friends, here I just want to share with you a Youtube link of the musical laboratory of Michel Cusson (ex guitarist of "USEB" Jazz). In his interactive videos, Michel expresses himself in French and English ... Friendly greetings, Ray:W
https://youtu.be/qmlRNxnV7Z8

Nice ! Every single post in this serie is a jewel ! and by the way that was UZEB not USEB ;)
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #167
User Avatar Member
Petite anecdote....
Dans le milieu des années 70, avant que mon cousin Jean St-Jacques (le premier Drummer de UZEB ultérieurement clavieriste) forme le groupe avec Alain Caron et Michel Cusson, j’ai eu l’occasion de « jammer » avec ce dernier et un nommé Gaston Mandeville ... entre les deux c’était de pénibleas négociations à savoir qui ferait les solos ... Disons, qu’avec le temps Michel a su mieux se démarquer dans cette discipline alors que Gaston c’est par ses chansons qu’il a bonifié le répertoire musical Québécois. Dans cette période, ils avaient initié un groupe incluant de mes beaux-frères ...
Bref, si ça n’avait pas été de « mon correcteur orthographique » évidemment, c’est UZEB qui aurait été indiqué!:D
Stj Ray
posted on #168
User Avatar Supporter
Tu as de bonnes fréquentations. :D
:o
posted on #169
Administrator
StJray wrote:
Petite anecdote....
Dans le milieu des années 70, avant que mon cousin Jean St-Jacques (le premier Drummer de UZEB ultérieurement clavieriste) forme le groupe avec Alain Caron et Michel Cusson, j’ai eu l’occasion de « jammer » avec ce dernier et un nommé Gaston Mandeville ... entre les deux c’était de pénibleas négociations à savoir qui ferait les solos ... Disons, qu’avec le temps Michel a su mieux se démarquer dans cette discipline alors que Gaston c’est par ses chansons qu’il a bonifié le répertoire musical Québécois. Dans cette période, ils avaient initié un groupe incluant de mes beaux-frères ...
Bref, si ça n’avait pas été de « mon correcteur orthographique » évidemment, c’est UZEB qui aurait été indiqué!:D

Une cool apparté dis donc :) j'ai grandi musicalement avec quelques pistes de ton cousin ;) Malgré tout la période que je préfère d'UZEB c'est le trio final ... et ué les correcteurs orthographiques méritent qu'on les hacke !
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #170
User Avatar Member
Al-Fadista wrote:
seriouss wrote:
[youtube]5vyhehfV-b8[/youtube]
Nico McBrains band before Iron Maiden :) , anybody remembers french band trust

Yes! They were really good at the time. Great guitar riffing and solos. They were as good if not better than those NWOBHM bands. The vocalist was great singing in french but unfortunately, in english, well it didn't work at least for me. They recruited Clive Burr, former Iron Maiden's drummer, when Nicko McBrain left. Thrash metal band Anthrax covered two of their tracks. :)
posted on #171
User Avatar Member
I still like the first Iron Maiden Albums most with Clive Burr on drum and Trust was better with Nico.
:D
posted on #172
User Avatar Member
seriouss wrote:
I still like the first Iron Maiden Albums most with Clive Burr on drum and Trust was better with Nico.
:D

My favourite albums by Maiden are Somewhere in Time and Powerslave, but there are many great tracks on the first 3 albums with Clive Burr on drums. I tend to prefer Nicko, but Clive was a good drummer too. Iron Maiden were really good in the 80s. 90s were so so, and I'm not the biggest fan of what they put out in the last 20 years neither.

That 1983 album Trust did with Clive is pretty good, especially side B, really intense. Here's a track from that album :

[youtube]QqXXnZ-eBp8[/youtube]
posted on #173
User Avatar Member
I don't like everything Allan Holdsworth put out, but I do like the first 3 albums he did back in the eighties (I.O.U. / Road Games / Metal Fatigue), my fave being the Road Games EP. Then he got into that synthaxe territory and I'm not fond of those cold synthy sounds he used for the most part. But I must admit that Wardenclyffe Tower album from 1992 is pretty good. "Sphere of Innocence", the title-track, "Against the Clock", "Questions" are really worth a listen. I'll add the following track to the list, one of my fave tunes by Holdsworth. Great groove, superb melody and chord progression :

[youtube]9BmH2UyMjEw[/youtube]
posted on #174
User Avatar Supporter
Listening to my buddy Lance today. Jammed out with him about 2 weekends ago, was fun to catch up with him now that's he's a bit closer to me. We use to play together in a rock band back in the day :) He's now a blues man hehe. This is an older video of his.

[youtube]vMlGoQ97leI[/youtube]
posted on #175
Administrator
Al-Fadista wrote:
Allan Holdsworth - Wardenclyffe Tower album from 1992

Excellent album and track Alex, thanks for sharing it. I still remember that I found Allan on Jean-Luc Ponty's "Enigmatic Ocean" album first, and it was love on first note for me...

[youtube]p5dsAVPYdec[/youtube]
posted on #176
User Avatar Member
Excellent album and track Alex, thanks for sharing it. I still remember that I found Allan on Jean-Luc Ponty's "Enigmatic Ocean" album first, and it was love on first note for me...

Yes, I love this album by Ponty. One of my favourite jazz fusion albums for sure. Holdsworth is brilliant on that record. 1975-1985 is my favourite Holdsworth era, that includes all the collabs with Ponty, Tony Williams, Bruford, UK, Gong, as well as his first 3 solo albums. Even "Velvet Darkness" is really good and interesting to listen to as one can recognize parts of tunes that would appear on future albums. I know Allan was not happy about the release of 'Velvet Darkness' but it's a good disc even so.

[youtube]ICClwFxHW8s[/youtube]

Maybe you'll notice the melody on the guitar is the same as in the last part of 'The Things You See' but this time the vocalist sings it (it's around 4:43) :

[youtube]gfy0kxpGGsg[/youtube]
posted on #177
User Avatar Supporter
Love this song....and this movie too [youtube]cL4uhaQ58Rk[/youtube]
posted on #178
User Avatar Supporter
A guy from my country...

[youtube]Bvrhqd0unv8[/youtube]
FeelHip :)
posted on #179
User Avatar Supporter
wjl wrote:
Al-Fadista wrote:
Allan Holdsworth - Wardenclyffe Tower album from 1992

[youtube]p5dsAVPYdec[/youtube]

J'adore depuis toujours !!!
posted on #180
User Avatar Supporter
[youtube]V9ILju4Apuc[/youtube]
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
aloncohen from SouthAfrica

"Wikiloops has given me hours of musical development in exactly the style I need to keep on moving forward as a muso. Thank you."

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali .