Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »What are you listening to?

What are you listening to?

posted on #221
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 194
Joined: 19.05.17
[youtube]NuYL4kd-r_w[/youtube]
posted on #222
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 194
Joined: 19.05.17
[youtube]qae25976UgA[/youtube]
posted on #223
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 194
Joined: 19.05.17
[youtube]vJyzyNQlAWc[/youtube]
posted on #224
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 194
Joined: 19.05.17
[youtube]FqJdzYY_Fas[/youtube]
posted on #225
User Avatar
Administrator
Posts: 498
Joined: 14.02.18
Ron Carter playing Leon Russell's hit from 1970:
[youtube]e5lm6vNiEsg[/youtube]
posted on #226
User Avatar
Administrator
Posts: 1319
Joined: 27.09.14
Love me a bit of Grime. Love these two old geezers, in their 70ies still rocking hard. Gives me hope I will be still full of energy in my 70ies, too :D

[youtube]5uOkpjPmjG4[/youtube]
posted on #227
User Avatar
Administrator
Posts: 498
Joined: 14.02.18
This was ecstasy in '75 - and is still steamin' hot today...

[youtube]F6LVTqwpDPQ[/youtube]
posted on #228
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 90
Joined: 16.11.19
Viktor Krauss Band live at Rudy's Jazz Room.

https://www.facebook.com/rudysjazzroom/videos/3375964412629239/?extid=SEO---

Very Cool Jazz/Americana :)
Edited by MikeB on Luglio 17 2021 01:39
Michael Bender
posted on #229
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 479
Joined: 27.02.15
[youtube]KKPjAwKG70c[/youtube]

Because it's a freaking awesome song which encompasses everything that is brilliant about funk and disco from the '70s.
If you make a mistake, do it again and make it look like you meant to do it!
posted on #230
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 154
Joined: 09.06.14
[youtube]X4Q7d0CtYyk[/youtube]

Only two guys!
Edited by Marceys on Luglio 18 2021 21:27
Or something like that! :)
posted on #231
User Avatar Member
Posts: 70
Joined: 04.11.19
Classic! :Y

[youtube]zjUUx9iSMmE[/youtube]
posted on #232
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 167
Joined: 16.07.15
Friend and band mate. Always one of my many idols.

[youtube]dBZGQkq9C8Y[/youtube]
posted on #233
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 232
Joined: 27.02.16
FrankieJ wrote:
Friend and band mate. Always one of my many idols.

[youtube]dBZGQkq9C8Y[/youtube]


Chet Atkins style ... he's a master! Just watched a bit of his stuff on YT.. wicked pickin!! :O Quite the band mate .. you must have learned a lot from this dude.
posted on #234
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 167
Joined: 16.07.15
Ernie440 wrote:

Chet Atkins style ... he's a master! Just watched a bit of his stuff on YT.. wicked pickin!! :O Quite the band mate .. you must have learned a lot from this dude.


[youtube]dBZGQkq9C8Y[/youtube][/quote]


I did. And thirty years later I'm still trying to figure out his stuff :)
Edited by FrankieJ on Luglio 23 2021 20:55
posted on #235
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 232
Joined: 27.02.16
FrankieJ wrote:
Ernie440 wrote:

Chet Atkins style ... he's a master! Just watched a bit of his stuff on YT.. wicked pickin!! :O Quite the band mate .. you must have learned a lot from this dude.


[youtube]dBZGQkq9C8Y[/youtube]



I did. And thirty years later I'm still trying to figure out his stuff :)


Makes me think of a friend who told me he went to see John McLaughlin at a jazz concert in Toronto. Somehow he managed to get back stage to meet him, told him he was a big fan and played some jazz himself ... John handed him his guitar and said something like "let's see what's happening man" .. My friend said he grabbed the guitar, basically froze and all he could muster was something like toodle toodle, tweedle tweedle on the guitar
... :D

OMG that story made me laugh so hard!! ... haha :D
Edited by Ernie440 on Luglio 23 2021 22:47
posted on #236
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 194
Joined: 19.05.17
[youtube]t4BkQGoJAc0[/youtube]
posted on #237
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 167
Joined: 16.07.15
Ernie440 wrote:
FrankieJ wrote:
Ernie440 wrote:

Chet Atkins style ... he's a master! Just watched a bit of his stuff on YT.. wicked pickin!! :O Quite the band mate .. you must have learned a lot from this dude.


[youtube]dBZGQkq9C8Y[/youtube]



I did. And thirty years later I'm still trying to figure out his stuff :)


Makes me think of a friend who told me he went to see John McLaughlin at a jazz concert in Toronto. Somehow he managed to get back stage to meet him, told him he was a big fan and played some jazz himself ... John handed him his guitar and said something like "let's see what's happening man" .. My friend said he grabbed the guitar, basically froze and all he could muster was something like toodle toodle, tweedle tweedle on the guitar
... :D

OMG that story made me laugh so hard!! ... haha :D


Ha! That is funny. I know his pain:D
posted on #238
User Avatar Member
Posts: 135
Joined: 19.09.18
[youtube]a1zNRIs0OiM[/youtube]
posted on #239
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 194
Joined: 19.05.17
[youtube]L2UTjoVVVb4[/youtube]
posted on #240
User Avatar Supporter
Posts: 54
Joined: 27.06.16
[youtube]4yPTZmblOeY[/youtube]
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
ladybass from Spain

"Gracias a todos por ayudarme a ser mejor músico =) Thanks you all for helping me to be a better muscician"

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali .