Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Share the story behind your profile name

Share the story behind your profile name

posted on #61
Gwenrann-V
V comes from my first name : Vincent
Gwenrann in the original britton name of the little town where I live in South-Brittany (France) : Guérande. In Guérande, we produce a famous natural sea salt since the Middle-age. Gwen rann means White Land in britton language. So, i'm Vincent from the White Land ... except that I'm Belgian, actually :-)
posted on #62
texasson
Texasson because I was born just a few miles down the road from Washington on the Brazos the birth place of Texas.I lived all over the state( hill country,Gulf coast, north Texas,East Texas pine belt.)I guess you can say I have alot of Texas pride.
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #63
Countryboy
I was born and raised in the countryside of Southern Sweden. My first five years we lived on a farm but we did not use it as such. But the real reason why my name is I fell in love with country music when I had the honor to play in a country band. Unfortunately, so was the band down because of too many line-up changes and the original singer quit!

Lars Albinson :)
posted on #64
Rockzilla
Well my real name is Reg but on good ol' facebook I changed my name to Rockzilla Seven to keep old girlfriends from looking me up, the name Rockzilla actually came from the cartoon My Dad The Rock Star created by Gene Simmons of Kiss, the name stuck and a lot of musician friends call me that now
posted on #65
Rockzilla
bhunt1 wrote:
Mine is the first part of my old email address which is from my first initial and last name, but with the 1 at the end. My wife thinks it's a bit arrogant as if I am #1, which I certainly am not. Ah but that's what wives are for, to knock you down a notch ;)

So true, I know your pain haha
posted on #66
OB-Lix
Mine is from a joke that was made by a bandleader on a rehearsal about the small skinny drummer in the band and myself (not being small and skinny;). He said that we were like the Astérix and Obélix of groove... That one stuck with me from this moment.
posted on #67
Moor
It's not a long story... until you ask why.. so let's imagine you will not ask why...It's like math... it is what it is... ;)

Moor Noki is an abbreviation of "the MOdern ORchestra & the NOcturnal KInks).
posted on #68
blubasso
Well, it's a long story and involves a water melon, a kanguroo, a little bit of ink and a baseball hat.

It's not true.

:P

Blubasso comes from blubossa (the song), i play bass so i changed place to 2 vowels...
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #69
JDF
JDF, is just the first initials of my first, middle and last name. My name is James. Nice to see you all on here :)

-James
posted on #70
Gastric
My first original music band was a metal band in the 1990's named Gastric by one of the members. Once I started creating profiles online I realized I needed a unique, hardly used screen name I could rely on and Gastric always seemed to be available. Apparently none of the other band members thought to take it and run. :) So I've stuck with it. Fast forward 15+ years and it is thankfully still mostly available and unused. Though at this point in my life I'd prefer an online nickname with a bit more professionality to it. But no turning back now! :p
posted on #71
GlezBass Supporter
GlezBass. In spanish "Glez" is a contraction of the name of my surname (Glez = Gonzalez) and "Bass" can be deduced ... unimaginative but effective
posted on #72
rtkradle
RTK goes back to the 80's when my stage name was Raub T. Kradel because you know, it was the 80's.. lol It then became my photographer name in the 2000's. That is a bit more creepy since I shoot mainly chicks.. and got older. But still like it use it to protect my true name..! And it's all in Fun! :)
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #73
HiFiFlutes
My name is Chris. My first job was repairing audio equipment at the HiFi Hospital, then I opened my own business as Dr.HiFi, Rebuilt/repaired toasty audio equipment for 30 years. My nickname was/is Doc HiFi, That's the story behind HiFiflutes :)
posted on #74
Fishinmissio
These are enjoyable to read...Keep em coming, and thanks for sharing :)
posted on #75
Danalyze45
Well, my first name is Dan. A lot of folks who know me well tend to say I am a bit too much of a "thinker" because I am always reading / learning or working on my music abilities. "Danalyze" then became a bit of a nickname...45 is the age I was when I signed on here on the Loops ! :)
posted on #76
Tutama
Well, my nickname came a few years ago while playing online actually Tutama is the combination of two words in Portuguese, Tu mean you and Toma means take, but as the two Tutoma words did not sound me well I changed the A and stayed Tutama, and the meaning of this joint was to take / will win the game ....B)
posted on #77
Bothen
Mine came from the game called Mech Warrior. I had gotten pretty sufficient at taking out mechs so when they needed a job they called me, a roBOT HENchman, Bothen for short.
posted on #78
Tu Supporter
I have a Gaelic name which is hard to pronounce, so I just shorten my name to the first syllable. Most folk can say 'Tu' luckily!
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
posted on #79
KMstar
Cool forum post! Mine is simple, I invented a new band of radio transmission and since I am the only one who knows about it I am the star of every broadcast... nope nothing like that, simply a short version of Ken Morningstar as I get tired of typing that long name of mine, yes its my actual real name
posted on #80
GoneUser_200920
Was looking for a name inclusive to being a drummer and performer at the same time.Remembering something mentioned about Vaudeville performers having a shtick. The intended meaning refers to a comedy act but also a performance. Hopefully not too comedic on my part..G
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wonderful Idea.
LuckyHarp from Italy

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.