Home »Forum»Hey there...»Anti-war song - great video jam for all

Anti-war song - great video jam for all

posted on #61
User Avatar Member
I just had a brain fart...

- 'Wind Of Change', 'Brothers In Arms' and sadly other anti-war songs haven't changed squat. Yet we can make a change here?

Ebola, ISIS etc circumstances are beyond music now days.
Edited by Rod_Stevens on Ottobre 29 2014 09:49
Either side of a bad note is a good note.
posted on #62
Fool
"Yet we can make a change here?"
yes, I do believe so.
I agree with you on the limited impact any song can have on the wars going on on our planet, BUT by giving each other a sign of
"well, look, theres friendly people who have the same feelings about war as me, and they live in a country that is supposed to be my countries enemy if I believe the news on TV",
we can make a change. Between us.
So, in my eyes its not about producing that one song where the white house and the ISIS fellas start to think, its about our personal experience.
Example - lets say there is a "no war against russia" demonstration in germany. Maybe I'd go there. Knowing that "war on russia" is equivalent to "bomb kaipas & slons home & studios" is a very different motivation to get active outside of music.
posted on #63
User Avatar Member
Don't mind me. I had a few to drink 12 hours ago and was feeling bummbed out about current events.

Glass half full and all that :)
posted on #64
User Avatar Member
Do somebody have some new ideas for anti war song?
posted on #65
User Avatar Member
Just catching up on the post in the forum and read these post here. As I read them I have to say everyone takes the subject of war real seriously. I also do and with music it make a statement but to get to the heart of the problem would be to put something together and get it to all the world leaders and let them know how we as musicians feel about war. As John Lennon once wrote Give Peace a chance. Along with other groups that gave us War what is it good for absolutely nothing. and in closing the idea of a song or many song with pictures and videos is a super idea. And if you really want to hear a song that hits the song of war just right and lots of meaning check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAFH2_3o-oo White Lion When Children Cry
Rickplayer
Edited by Rickplayer on Ottobre 20 2014 03:00
posted on #66
User Avatar Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHcbP-q--8

Song of the russian group "Aria" 1986 (video 1987)

Will And Mind

In silo deeply beneath the earth
The monstrous dragon conceals
Its steel made body, its nerves of steel,
And steel like grasp of its claws.

It waits in leisure, it calmly grows,
Its radar aimed at the sky.
A single error, unwanted launch
For certain leads to the strike.

chorus:
All that you are loving forever
Will be smashed to void
By thousand-headed murderer dragon.
Must it be destroyed,
Stronger than all wars are
Will and Reason, Will and Mind,
Will and Reason, Will and Mind.

With mortal toll the world is squeezed,
Deprived of rest and night dreams.
So many voices make ether ring,
Again the war can begin.

chorus

Until it's late, rescue the world,
As we can suffer no more.
When we have gathered, then take away,
Will any monster be slain!
posted on #67
User Avatar Member
SlonMusic wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHcbP-q--8
Song of the russian group "Aria" 1986 (video 1987)

Too hard rock and long haired for granny IMHO. Cross range audience music is important. *** like Obama would never watch that let alone care either.

I see "Tocsin" means "alarm bell or signal".
http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-25279.php

Remember 'Cannon Rock" by Jerry C?

One guy put a backing together, and many around the world sent him their overdubs of his modified backing. (RIP Johann Pachelbel)

Jerry (or someone he knows) collected everyone's video submissions and combined them into one music video track..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMWl_5NujBw

That process is the only way I can see this project happening over the internet.

Seeing as how this is Slon's baby, I say we throw everything (instruments and vocals) we can at one of his already, ready to roll tunes.

While you're all trying to make out my bad spellng, I'm trying make a video of me jamming along with 'Tocsin' that may later be clipped and a part added to a larger montage, with ya'll.

:P

edit by Dick: removed bad language, we dont need that here - no offense, just making sure wikiloops does not get rated "adult" by google. thx.
Edited by Dick on Ottobre 29 2014 11:36
posted on #68
User Avatar Member
While you're all trying to make out my bad spelling, I'm trying make a video of me jamming along with 'Tocsin' that may later be clipped and a part added to a larger montage, with ya'll.

YES! It might be a good start, Rod! Thank you=)
maybe I put too incomprehensible at first, but that such was the idea=)
posted on #69
User Avatar Member
Hi Steve and hallo everyone,

Thank you for pulling my head to this thread, I always love peace ..well who doesn't rite.

I come from a country that have a big issues with this war thing, I have so many disagreement with how people kill other in the name of their God. Maybe it's hard to belief, but here in my country (from one of the majority religion) spread the things that "Music is an Evil thing", "Art is an Evil Thing" those who love and play and do music, and art is doing it for Satan. some school start to withdraw music and art from the school subject. at first we think that only a fool who believe that kind of stuff, but by the years it's start getting more and more...

I have once play on gig, and one of that crazy cult (that's what I called them because I believe no religion will teach people to do that ridiculous kind of thing) Stop the show, and ask us to close the music performance, or they will do it on their way, I wanna get angry, but their mass is too many, even the police can't stop them. It's a shamed. But I always proud to my country no matter what. for me music is one of the blessing and it's not hurting people but heal the soul. Because I use music to teach and treat my autism student and music do it's own magic very well.

but then again....what happen to my country is only a small problem in this big big world. but the small thing can become big if we let it grow. and I believe there is a lot of people who love peace and care about human kind, like all of you here.

Thank you for let me share this stuff...

I would be very happy to be part of this wonderful project...just let me know what to do.
Hi! I'm Alice ..Nice To Meet You!
Don't forget to be happy today!
posted on #70
User Avatar Member
Great Idea as Dick said as many players as there is on the wiki would be a task in itself to put together. Anyone remember the song We Are The World. A concept like this would probably work for such a project. www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI check it out and maybe it would be somewhere we could get some ideas on how to put this together. Great Idea
posted on #71
User Avatar Member
Dear Alice, thank you so much for the 46414 (River Of Tears Song) Great, great lyrics, singing and performance!
I'm with Rick - we need try to create song-hymn for singing together, like "We Are The World song.
posted on #72
User Avatar Member
My country has maintained a 70-year peace Constitution. But the current government has changed as convenient. It is the world economy the 3-position of the country, it is Japan. This is now incident. In Japan there are dictators.
posted on #73
User Avatar Member
I can't seem to get embedding to work. Try this link.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9jktrbZlY8] Blood Thirsty War[/url]
Edited by clifrogers on Agosto 06 2015 06:01
Cliff
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
will_C from Germany

"Cheerz to the non-commercial site for music-lovers! "

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali .