Home » Forum » Hey there... »
'needs a lead guitar...?'

'needs a lead guitar...?'

posted on #1
Neal_Visher
Hi all,

I'm just wondering how to find out of there's a section or a way to find backing tracks that just need some lead guitar to em without searching each and every track result in the main search?

Pls & ty
B)
+3
posted on #2
Tofzegrit Supporter
Hey Neal

I did my first steps by searching tracks without guitar.

I was not especially a good lead player and I figure out that I have also increased my chords playing skills.

So... ;)

Tof
+5
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #4
Acousticeg Supporter
Good advice!
+2
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
Neal, as someone who also plays lead, there is no easy way of finding tracks where just the lead is missing. What I do is search for tracks without any guitar, let's say with drums + bass and maybe vocals, and look at these trees to see what is possible. Another method is, I listen a lot to the "latest jams" wiki radio station, and when I hear something that I like I put it in my playlist - even if there is already a solo on it, and when I get the urge to play something I search my own saved playlist...

Another method you could use is look at some of our amazing guitarists such as our own RobM, he does a lot of solo tracks, and do your version of that track. I have to warn you though, whenever I hear one of Rob's tracks I feel like giving up playing guitar :D

Cheers, TG
+7
posted on #6
Neal_Visher
hah, I hear ya on the giving up playing guitar lol, also used as inspiration on the other end of the see-saw ;)

I got the replies and thank ya's for the advice. Happy playing, thanks
+1
posted on #7
Gelo
Neal_Visher wrote:
Hi all,

I'm just wondering how to find out of there's a section or a way to find backing tracks that just need some lead guitar to em without searching each and every track result in the main search?

Pls & ty
B)
dude your welcome to jam over any of my track i got one specially for soloing call spirits for a solo only ivax did a killer rendition of it and if your into metal i got quite a few that need soloing track #160918 is one of them [youtube]rk3HysIdW4U[/youtube]
+1
posted on #8
Gelo
I did a video of the track
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops, simply the best, most natural ( online ) way to work! Love you all. Xxx
kimbo

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.