Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
I am Ahang, I Play Piano

I am Ahang, I Play Piano

posted on #1
Nightjoe
Hello Wikiloopers,

Over the past few years, I have been following an excellent piano player on Google+ and YouTube. She is a little more comfortable speaking German than English. I am just dazzled by her technical skill. It must be some of what people experienced when listening to Art Tatum. These links will take you to Ahang and her wonderful piano playing:

www.youtube.com/c/ahang1001

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104482506579043399730/about
posted on #2
Wade Supporter
Well, this is a forum, so we can all express opinions. Ahang Shirin is indeed a piano player, but not a pianist. Few or no technical faults in her playing, but absolutely no feeling. It's like listening to a mechanical piano that has been programmed. I can't see how this compares to Art Tatum. Just to make sure, I checked a number of her performances that were available through vimeo. All the same sort of lifeless (but accurate) playing.

We are fortunate to have a number of very fine pianists here on the loops. Some don't have Ahang's technical facility, but all have more feeling.
+1
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I support wikiloops because making music costs money, listening to good music is priceless
Neddings from Netherlands

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.