Home » Forum » Hey there... »
How best to get from Cardiff to Steinfeld for 2017 Festival?

How best to get from Cardiff to Steinfeld for 2017 Festival?

posted on #1
gwailoah Supporter
Hello Loopers! I am planning to attend the Annual Wikiloops Jam for August 2017. Will be in Cardiff prior to it and wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to get from there to Steinfeld? Present best looks like fly Cardiff to Amsterdam Schiphol and then figure a train trip. Any previous experiences that the Wikiloops Community can share? Not long now!! ;)
+1
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
Kimbo is the man to ask for that ;)
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Dick Supporter
i just had a quick look at the map...
since there seem to be no flights Cardiff -> Cologne, the second best idea is to fly Cardiff -> Düsseldorf wich is both quicker and closer than going to Amsterdam and continuing by train...

You could go Cardiff Airport -flight> Düsseldorf Airport (DUS) -train> Cologne (Main Station) -train> Urft / Steinfeld with just one train-switch in cologne (or maybe a wiki-car shuttle from cologne...), so that would be quite convenient & quick too. Train from DUS to Urft should take max 2 hours, Amsterdam-Urft might take half a day.

The other option would be to meet with some other brits who are taking the chunnel/car trip. I'm happy to help getting you in, don't worry, we've done worse than this :)
posted on #4
gwailoah Supporter
Cheers Dick and TeeGee, flight Cardiff to Dusseldorf is a brilliant tip. Timing not yet nailed down, need One more thing to fall in place then good to go. Will keep you posted. Cheers, Brian :)
posted on #5
WanHu Supporter
Keep in touch, gwailoah. i'd love to go to Steinfeld, but a lot of things will have to fall in place before it can happen. If I do go, I'll drive from Cardiff to avoid a repeat of this unfortunate scenario[wl]109697[/wl] (Just testing the new embed function)
+1
posted on #6
TeeGee Supporter
You better speak to Kimbo, he made that trip 4 times already so he can give you a few pointer.

If you got a few people from the UK travelling you could consider going by car and sharing the cost?
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I support wikiloops because making music costs money, listening to good music is priceless
Neddings from Netherlands

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.