Guitar project

posted on #1
frankyguitar
Hey friends, hello loopers, I have a question: I have a project Guitar, a quit damaged Semihollow, similar an ES 135, without any electronic. Could anyone recommend what Pick up and so On would fit? Thanx very much friends:D
posted on #2
LeftTheLoops9-18
Gibson P 90 (single coil) is the standard replacement pickup. P100s (humbucker )are downright hotter. Both are considered "soapbar " style.

There are Gibson normal stock P90s.Kinman noiseless P-90s. Seymor Duncan makes a set as well. Lollar p90 50s. Kent Armstrongs....

Whatever P90/P100s you decide on ..make certain the magnets are type "A5". for the classic sound.

Also watch the specification of the output. You will probably want 7-9k output for a P90. Anything above that is considered "HOT". Cheaply made pickups may go as high as 14k output . Avoid those. The closer you are to 7k , the more your pickup will have a wider range of tone. The higher the output , the more it is always screaming rock solo mode.A P100 go only as high as 10k maybe.

For volume/tone potentiometers: 500k volume, 250k tone and a .05 cap just like Gibson used on 50's Jr's and Specials.The higher the pot value the more open and clear the pickup is...if you were to use 2 500k pots it would have slightly more top end than my set up and if you were to use 2 250k's it would be a lot darker.

When wiring the guitar also tie all grounds to one point. (star ground) . You can also paint the inside of the electronics hole with Faraday Non Conductive paint so you dont pick up radio signal.

I would go on youtube, find videos of Gibson P90s and P100s on your guitar and listen to the differences. Go from there.
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
LeftTheLoops9-18
[youtube]VsskzjigNxw[/youtube]

[youtube]jn8lsmk7JRg[/youtube]
+1
posted on #4
Tofzegrit Supporter
——————-
——————-
——————-
———-////——
——————-
——————-
:)
posted on #5
kimbo
Seymore Duncan 59 or Seth Lover 335 pickups though relativity is right... the p 90 would be the proper replacement. if indeed replace is what you need. if its a new build with no cutouts ide use the Seth Lovers
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Just a Basement hobbyist but the hours of entertainment wikiloops has brought me and my guitar rig are worth so much more than my (father of 2 little ones) butt can give! Thanks Wikiloops keep up the great work (all of you musicians as well!).
allfeel from United States

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.