Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Holiday Blog from Iceland

Holiday Blog from Iceland

posted on #1
TeeGee Supporter
Guys, just been on a beautiful mountain road near a vulcano and glacier, and listening to "the torture never stops" by Frank Zappa while admiring the Dramatic scenery. Oh how sweet is life sometimes.... Then I sneaked in #139824 to elongate the torture of Mrs Gee, who basically hates Zappa, Hendrix, anything I play or listen to, the list is long. But as long as I do it in short bursts I will get away with it :D. Pictures to follow.
TeeGee attached the following image:

Edited by TeeGee on 12 agosto 2018 18:13
+6
posted on #2
bhunt1 Supporter
What a cool trip TeeGee! Incredible scenery :) The torture never stops takes me back to my college days. My wife doesn't like most of my music either and she thinks Wikiloops is weird ;)
+2
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Wade Supporter
Ah yes, I can sympathize with having a music widow wife. Enjoy Iceland and wherever else you roam.
+2
posted on #4
Shi Supporter
have fun and enjoy your holiday :)
+1
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
We continued our trip north of Rejkjavic, when we saw this black "thing" in the water from the road. When we parked and came closer we could see that it was a congregation of harbour porpoises. See the video and the text there. And today we saw a whale blowing in the distance twice, how cool is that? Iceland rocks. P.S.and to top it off, we spotted an iceberg in the fjord we were driving along... See picture
[youtube]mEVs0-hOv8U[/youtube]

Edited by TeeGee on 13 agosto 2018 20:33
+3
posted on #6
adu Supporter
Cool !
+1
posted on #7
BuzzBomber
Wow!! fantastic description, too...
+1
posted on #8
TeeGee Supporter
[wl]47296[/wl]Hey guys, yesterday we went on a whale watching trip, saw humpback whales and lots of cute puffins. I listened to the Whales song before, I just had to. Put me in the mood! Took up the opportunity to show my video from post 1 to a marine biologist, and she explained to me that these were not harbour porpoises, but another type that got actually stranded in the fjord. The behavior that can be seen is display of stress. The good news is, she told us that whale rescue boats were dispatched and they ushered the whales back into deep waters. So all is good. Also saw an iceberg floating in a fjord, beautiful.

Edited by TeeGee on 15 agosto 2018 17:29
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
TeeGee Supporter
Continuing from the whales story, it turned out this was an item all over the world, here is a video from the BBC about it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-45203105/whales-get-stuck-in-icelandic-fjord-twice
posted on #10
GemmyF
They heard you are there, They want you to come for a swim!
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops brings musicians from around the world to my home. How would we otherwise ever have the opportunity to play with all of these great musicians?
Wade from New Zealand

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.