Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
Noise mastering.

Noise mastering.

posted on #1
Andri Supporter
Hi guys.
I have a technical problem Use StudioOne as daw.
Yesterday I recorded a track, the 155442. It sounds pretty good after learning with the advice of the formidable bassist Mario -GlezBass- about mastering.
Today I deleted the drum and bass tracks, so can play more people. The problem is that you hear a noise like "pssssssssssssss" and I do not know how to remove it. I only have the remaining tracks active, without bass or drums. In fact, doing tests until I deleted them, but when generating the wav again you hear the "pssssssssssssssssss".
Thanks for reading me.
+1
posted on #2
pconey
[youtube]knDG8qYkR1A[/youtube]

Would that help? You can download Reaplugs which contains Reafir

https://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/index.php

Im pretty sure that those plugins are free but can also be used on any DAW and not just limited to Reaper! :)

I use Logic Pro X and that has a function called strip silence which removes silent passages. If you record say for example a guitar on a 3 minute track, but only play for 30 seconds off and on, thats a lot of unwanted hum / hiss or "pssssssss" as you say. When I record drums as I do spread over a multitude of microphones, this function helps to create very clean and clear recordings - perhaps other DAWs offer something similar. :)
+4
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Mikebanez
great Vid Paul. thats what I do if i have noisy tracks and it does work perfectly thanks for showing. oh,is that you speaking in the video ?:)
+2
posted on #4
wjl Supporter
Yes, good video Paul!

@Andri: I'm on Linux where we have Noise Repellent - works exactly like the one in the Reaper video. And its developer said in an interview that he got the idea from iZotope and their spectral denoise tool - so if StudioOne doesn't have any plugin, search for something like that.

Sources:
http://libremusicproduction.com/tools/noise-repellent
http://libremusicproduction.com/articles/lmp-asks-24-interview-luciano-dato

Hope that helps,
and cheers,
Wolfgang

Edit: last time I looked Reaper was about 60$ or so - that's cheaper than some plugins are. Could be worth it and if it's just for that task... ;)
+2
posted on #5
Andri Supporter
Thank you so much guys. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it was stupid.
What happened is that playing with the Daw options I lowered the resolution of the mp3 to 8 bits when exporting the finished song. Already solved. Thank you very much for your help. :)<3
+4
posted on #6
Andri Supporter
I take this opportunity to ask if there is a plugin to erase the silences between the notes. I am a guitarist and sometimes the simple touch of the pick between notes makes me use a lot of time to erase the "clicks" when the pick moves between the strings. Thanks so much. :)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Many thanks for creating this amazing site,its every jammers dream,so many great musicians to record with. Thanks again.
petebass from England

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.