Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
The Baked Beans discussion thread

The Baked Beans discussion thread

posted on #1
TeeGee Supporter
The other day we had a long and lingering discussion about baked beans in the shoutbox. It started with me telling the story of Mrs. Gee trying to make baked beans at home, not from a can - and it deteriorated from there as one would expect :D. We try to eat as less as possible processed food. I guess the experiment with the homemade beans did not work out, I think that she underestimated the amount of time it takes to bake them.

Never mind that, but today I saw this Heinz baked beans advert, and I got to say it's a good one. I am a big science fiction fan, AND Heinz baked beans :W

[youtube]eZgD89VYkVc[/youtube]
+4
posted on #2
axenvocs Supporter
Baked beans are a New England favorite. An all day slow cook in the crock pot you cannot go wrong. Or traditional style you must first dig a hole and then a fire in the hole then bury the beans in the hole for bean hole baked beans. salt pork a must as well
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
TeeGee Supporter
http://steves-kitchen.com/baked-beans/

[youtube]S5o7h_9Ai-g[/youtube]
+1
posted on #4
mpointon Supporter
Like TeeGee, I'm a home cook where possible. Everything is made fresh and rarely involves processed ingredients. I've not eaten a 'ready meal' in probably ten or more years!

I'm also not 'brand-led' as a rule. But there are two exceptions for me:

Heinz Baked Beans
Heinz Tomato Ketchup

I don't know what other brands do to their equivalent products (probably sugar!) but they can't hold a candle to them. It's the only two products in my house where I insist on Heinz, as does LadyPointon.

Saying that, the only time I have beans is when we're having a naughty fry-up! Processed beans on my plate are the least of my worries as the rest of the plate is far, far unhealthier!

My current thing is recreating fast food at home! It's surprisingly difficult! I've got impersonating a KFC down to a 't' but a McDonald's is proving far trickier to do convincingly!
posted on #5
kimbo
TeeGee wrote:
http://steves-kitchen.com/baked-beans/
Haynes.... not heinze

[youtube]S5o7h_9Ai-g[/youtube]

+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
This site is the best fun you can have with your instrument other than making love or live music. Guaranteed!
TeeGee from Germany

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.