Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Publishing Albums

Publishing Albums

posted on #1
bluvation Supporter
Yesterday I tried publishing an album for the first time but 15 hrs later it still shows up under the playlist tab as an unpublished album draft. Is there a way to speed up the process being it's supposed to be published within an hour. It can't be deleted so was wondering if this is a glitch or something I did wrong. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
+1
posted on #2
wjl Supporter
Same here, Blu - I have a similar post in the moderators' forum, also since yesterday. Please wait a bit...
+2
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
bluvation Supporter
Thanks Wolfgang, was thinking I'd messed something up being it was first attempt doing this:) I appreciate your post, thanks again 👌
+1
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
Hey,
I just looked into the issue and after a few tweaks your album should be "live" now.
I'm not 100% sure why it wouldn't work or take so long before, but I've touched so many settings in the past weeks that I might have accidentally messed up the album publishing - I'll have to watch if it works smooth in the future, sorry about that.
+2
posted on #5
bluvation Supporter
Dick wrote:
Hey,
I just looked into the issue and after a few tweaks your album should be "live" now.
I'm not 100% sure why it wouldn't work or take so long before, but I've touched so many settings in the past weeks that I might have accidentally messed up the album publishing - I'll have to watch if it works smooth in the future, sorry about that.

Thanks for trying to fix this problem Dick but as of now my album is still showing up as an 'Unpublished Album' under the Playlists tab? it's had a 'being published' sign on it since Friday. Just wanted to keep you informed.
+1
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
Took care of that this morning, must have fixed someone elses album yesterday, then :)
+2
posted on #7
bluvation Supporter
Dick wrote:
Took care of that this morning, must have fixed someone elses album yesterday, then :)

Thanks Dick, I really appreciate it. :W:)
+2
posted on #8
TeeGee Supporter
Cool stuff :) Woohoo to WIkiloops :W
+2
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
wjl Supporter
Robjol just wrote about the same issue for him in the Shoutbox... so album creation still doesn't finish for some of us?
+1
posted on #10
Jypeka Supporter
Yes, I also posted an album Friday, August 30th ... still not online ? B)
+1
posted on #11
Tu Supporter
Also waiting for album to publish since yestreday. Not being impatient folks just reporting.:D
+1
posted on #12
wjl Supporter
Seen these entries, my friends - I don't have code or server access, but I'll report it :)

Edit, same evening: I tried to call Richard who seems to be the only one who can fix this - but no luck. So I'm asking for a bit of patience until he can look into it again :)

Thanks for your understanding, my friends :)
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
posted on #13
Dick Supporter
sorry for taking time, it's all a mad rush these days.
All pending albums have been published by now, no traces of any user-side-mistakes which one could try to work around...
this must have happened due to some of the changed server settings our support experimented with lately - my apologies!
+4
posted on #14
Jypeka Supporter
Thank you Richard ... and especially "do not apologize" you do a great job managing this site ;)
+2
posted on #15
frenzie Supporter
I dare say an awesome job! 👏👏👏👏
posted on #16
bluesdog Supporter
Hey loopers, could there be a problem with album creation again? i published my new album about 20 hours ago, and it still on my playlist waiting to get published...anyone else who had this happening recently? Just asking. Bluesdog
posted on #17
bluesdog Supporter
Richard, has anyone else reported problems with publishing albums? I've been waiting for more than 2 days now for my album to go live...isn't that a bit long? Has anyone else had this problem ?
posted on #18
TeeGee Supporter
Hey Bluesdog, there is a technical problem with albums, they used to publish automatically, but after the last crash and server migration, something went wrong. This means that Dick has to manually publish them, which he does every few days. I know that is annoying, but at the moment you will just have to wait and be patient - it will be published though :) .
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
posted on #19
bluesdog Supporter
Hey TeeGee, no problem - there's no rush. I know Dick - and you - are always working to keep wikiloops in good shape, which is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your response, and let the music play.
+2
posted on #20
Dick Supporter
I did a manual publish roundtonight, so there should be no more albums pending right now, and I believe I also found what caused the auto-publisher to hang lately, so chances are that's fixed as well.
thanks for your patience and your kind comment, Mr.Bluesdog.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
My guitar sat in a corner. Then I discovered wikiloops and now, not one day has gone by that I haven't played it.
Psycho from United States

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.