Home »Forum»Musicians forum»So I was thinking anyone played in musicals

So I was thinking anyone played in musicals

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
So tittle say’s it al already. I did a few and well it;s broadway things and they are not really found of sharing the sheetmusic. But still have them anyway.

The most difficult one was think seussical. It was like a wtf moment when we got al the boxes with sheetmusic. (You hire them btw from music trade international)
Did not got a hart attack then btw. It is btw verry cool music. But we had not enough time to practice that

So some of them was track records because not enough time to practice it.
But to show you this is the origial

Did allot more btw. Mozart the musical, tick tick boom, rent few others less known.

https://youtu.be/drY9t5EO_XE

I like that allot so was wondering someone else over here did that. ?
Edited by e-m on Luglio 12 2020 08:01
Rock on...
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Like ok you go to every key in a song. And it is like continue music without pause. Wel we did our best probably not the best one . And would love to share it in YouTube video or something, but no recordings from.
Rock on...
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
This was by far the most diffucult one. By far.

If you like I have allot of sheetmusic from other ones. PM for that ;)
Rock on...
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
First thought when `I opened this boxes and is like 500 pages. Owh shit hahaha and ten times 10. Oops. It is till funne btw. And cool music. But didn’t understand it until I watched the movie
Rock on...
posted on #5
Administrator
Well I played sheet music in an orchestra where I jumped in for their bass player (he had an operation because of carpal tunnel syndrome, that takes you out for half a year or so).

But stuff like this would be way beyond my capabilities - especially if you consider that pro orchestras don't rehearse that much; they'd play this once or twice before the recording session (in the same studio already)... I've seen that because I worked in studios as a technician as well.

No, we have some pros here, but this? Way beyond everything I could do. But thanks for the fun video :)

Cheers,
Wolfgang
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
wjl wrote:
Well I played sheet music in an orchestra where I jumped in for their bass player (he had an operation because of carpal tunnel syndrome, that takes you out for half a year or so).

But stuff like this would be way beyond my capabilities - especially if you consider that pro orchestras don't rehearse that much; they'd play this once or twice before the recording session (in the same studio already)... I've seen that because I worked in studios as a technician as well.

No, we have some pros here, but this? Way beyond everything I could do. But thanks for the fun video :)

Cheers,
Wolfgang

Agreed it is little difficult for me also. But since it is a amateur group maybe practice time half year or something. For sues the musical little bit shorter.
So I coul’d play it btw but there was not enough time to get it completely good. So well and hate it but we had to do something just with the original track recordings.

The other ones where not that difficult btw. Still a challenge but was a little more time.

Rent is btw very cool and Mozart the musical to.
And tick tick boom also.
It it is still allot of music btw. But not really undo able.
I took the lead arranging the band then at that time. So ok you are a sort of responsible for that it works out ok. And ok it is always fun for example the horn players get like a 1 note leadsheet. So there books are really smal. But I got the director score. Whch involves at least the piano sheet so two lines and then the singers ok multiple voices so again another 4 system bars so like 6. Haha it is allot of page turning btw. But still fun I hadn’t had a Iplad then now I play only with Ipad. Tip btw forscore. App. Works allot easier.

Wel nice to hear I love this story’s btw from everyone so keep on talking. :)
Edited by e-m on Luglio 12 2020 17:39
Rock on...
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
This one is also very cool think for piano
https://youtu.be/un_u2_9JNGg

Never came really of the grounds. But like to do that one sometimes maybe.
Have the sheets if you are interested. But via PM ;)
I think btw if you really going to perform it you should get the sheetmusic from MTI. But ok just to review it a little before. I have the score ;)
Edited by e-m on Luglio 12 2020 17:55
Rock on...
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
OliVBee from France

"A place really dedicated to music, no matter the style, where people from around the world, no matter where, really enjoy each other's contribution ... how good is that ??? That's wikiloops !"

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali .