Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»Audacity revisited

Audacity revisited

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
After a few years of not recording, I'm getting back into it, slowly. I downloaded, installed and tweaked Audacity 3.2.3 - the latest version. It has grown up over the time I was absent. New features and controls which I remember wishing for.
Rather than "winging it" which I did before, this time I have spent the time and effort to read through both the (included) manual and tutorials. I am a fan. It is much simpler than other DAWs I have investigated. It is not likely up to the standards of Professional (and expensive) DAW packages, but it has all of the tools I need to record and participate in Wikiloops from my small, simple home studio. So, for me, it works.
BTW, the manual, and I assume the UI are available in over a dozen languages, which might be nice for those who prefer one other than English.
Hope this is helpful.
Cheers,
David
Wikilooper #63
posted on #2
Administrator
I normally use Cubase, which is quite complicated. However, when I want to do a quick recording where I won't need to apply any effects or complicated editing I like to use Audacity, it's quick and easy. Also when I want to convert a WAV into MP3 to send in a mail for instance, I use Audacity. So yes, good program for certain things indeed!
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
I bought Wavepad a couple years ago when I joined Wikiloops. It was kind of frustrating, not laid out in a logical way at least to me. My son told me about Audacity and I tried it and everything seemed intuitive and easy to use. I have used Audacity ever since and barely touch Wavepad.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
AnneCozean from United States

"I'm delighted to be able to support WikiLoops. It does so much for so many of us by bringing us all together and encouraging us to play nice and support each other. WikiLoops is how the World could be... thank you!"

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali .