Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
Audacity revisited

Audacity revisited

posted on #1
Old_Mojo
After a few years of not recording, I'm getting back into it, slowly. I downloaded, installed and tweaked Audacity 3.2.3 - the latest version. It has grown up over the time I was absent. New features and controls which I remember wishing for.
Rather than "winging it" which I did before, this time I have spent the time and effort to read through both the (included) manual and tutorials. I am a fan. It is much simpler than other DAWs I have investigated. It is not likely up to the standards of Professional (and expensive) DAW packages, but it has all of the tools I need to record and participate in Wikiloops from my small, simple home studio. So, for me, it works.
BTW, the manual, and I assume the UI are available in over a dozen languages, which might be nice for those who prefer one other than English.
Hope this is helpful.
Cheers,
David
+2
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
I normally use Cubase, which is quite complicated. However, when I want to do a quick recording where I won't need to apply any effects or complicated editing I like to use Audacity, it's quick and easy. Also when I want to convert a WAV into MP3 to send in a mail for instance, I use Audacity. So yes, good program for certain things indeed!
+1
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
mdn Supporter
I bought Wavepad a couple years ago when I joined Wikiloops. It was kind of frustrating, not laid out in a logical way at least to me. My son told me about Audacity and I tried it and everything seemed intuitive and easy to use. I have used Audacity ever since and barely touch Wavepad.
+2
posted on #4
Complato58
Hello , @teegee how do you get a song from the audactivity direction ready to upload into wikiloop?
Brgds
Günter (complato58)
posted on #5
mdn Supporter
Complato58 wrote:
Hello , @teegee how do you get a song from the audactivity direction ready to upload into wikiloop?
Brgds
Günter (complato58)

Hello Complato! Assuming you have your track or project ready in audacity, you do the following:

1. Top level menu go to File then go down the list to Export
2. Select either MP3 or Wav format.
MP3 is compressed and a much smaller file and is fine for most tracks. Wav is not compressed,
is a much larger file and will have better sound quality.

Let me know if that is what you were asking Cheers! Mike :)
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
5 bucks for all I got from this site is nothing...I'm just an oldie (51) begineer guitar player and these backtrack are very very useful for my improvement.Thanks and Happy Christmas from Italy
jackanythi from Italy

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.