Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Bug? Upload shows up in wrong part of the tree

Bug? Upload shows up in wrong part of the tree

posted on #1
MySounds Supporter
Just noticed something funny on track #287569 :
When I look at the remix tree the track shows up correctly as an add to track 287524. But when I highlight a different add (287548) the tree changes and shows 287569 as an add to 287469, which is wrong.
The changing tree structure is also visible for 287548.
+2
posted on #2
shiihs Supporter
I've seen similar problems.
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Fivestringer Supporter
Same over here... on Windows 10 Pro, 1920x1080 screenresolution and it happens in both Edge and Firefox

https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-93669
s
the 'Musicians' tab shows arrows and more bass entries next to mine.
But the 'Remixes' tab only shows my contribution

If I change the track with the arrows to another bass entry on my level e.g. Groove Enth (https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-93712) then my 93669 entry is presented as a follow up on 73640 by Alex Sarikov

One step up (https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-73237) the 'tree' seems ok
+1
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
hey folks,
thanks for pushing the issue, I must say I believe that bug had been out there for a bit longer, and it was one of those areas where stuff gets a little complicated [...].
Anyways, as you may have noticed I've finally dared to open the can of worms and work on the remix tree, and I'd love to get your feedback on the new approach.

Let me highlight one particular change which you may only notice on larger remix trees which become scrollable.

In the past, the tree tried to move the current branch to the top of the display, showing the current mixes steps as one consecutive branch.
That was nice and well, but it had the downside that - assumed you clicked on a remix further down the scrollable list - the order in which the tracks were displayed changed unexpectedly, making it harder to understand where one left off...

So, the new approach does not re-order the tree, the tracks are always displayed in the same order, no matter which remix you navigate to.
That has the downside that the current tracks steps are not necessarily sitting right next to each other, but it makes it much easier to click down a list of alternative remixes without having to find one's orientation over and over again... at least I hope that's so, you really should let me know if that works for you :)
+2
posted on #5
Fivestringer Supporter
Well I don't really miss it that it's not re-ordered and not put at the top. As all the remixes are displayed under the right step now this is working perfect (at least for me ;))
Once again, thanks for the time and effort!<3
+1
posted on #6
TeeGee Supporter
I like that the order now remains regardless of what branch you click, makes it easier to look around in a large tree!
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Gracias a todos por ayudarme a ser mejor músico =) Thanks you all for helping me to be a better muscician
ladybass from Spain

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.