Home » Forum » Lyrics Library »
Thief on Deck

Thief on Deck

Lyric #4477 by bassMonkey

Lyrics use permission note:
The free lyrics offered here may be used in the scope of private use.
If you would like to make use of the lyrics in a commercial context, please request permission from the author.
For details, read the Lyric license

bassMonkey Posted on 3 ott 2026 #1
bassMonkey
SUPPORTER
Posts: 500
Joined: 2 dic 2020
The hangman waits with knotted rope,
Upon the scaffold high,
The sun unfolds the autumn's gold,
Into a crimson sky.

Soft birdsong floats out from the trees,
Toward my iron cage,
As I attend my final act,
Upon that wooden stage.

Condemned was I for theft of grain,
To feed my starving child,
Another victim of the crown,
That squats upon this isle.

I shooed their chaplain from my door,
No god will save my neck,
I mount the steps to shake his hand,
Upon this oaken deck.

A bag is drawn across my head,
My hands behind my back,
The trapdoor waits beneath my feet,
My servant bones to crack.
+1
Le jamsession online di wikiloops sono disponibili con il gentile sostegno di:
user profile image
Wikiloops - the biggest, baddest truly global jam ever. Happening right here, right now, at wikiloops.com!
jmrukkers

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.