Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
Windows10 and nuendo

windows10 and nuendo

posted on #1
goldtop68
Hi all,
so I'm old and don't understand all this technical mumbo jumbo, please bare with me.
I have an old Steinberg CI1, and running an unsupported nuendo 4. in order for it to function properly on windows 8 I had to set up the laptop to read the program as if my operating system was XP.(don't know if I described that well enough) this works perfectly. I can "upgrade" to windows 10 for free, and I'm a sucker for the free part, but I don't know if I can set up the computer to do the same thing as I did before (nuendo & CI1 read in xp)
Since this is really the only "real" reason I have the laptop I am reluctant to make the change. Oh, and I have no money for new hardware software or even underwear.
Any help in this regard would be most welcome (not the underwear part).

cheers
jeff
aka; goldtop68
posted on #2
nilton
Generally speaking, upgrading to new versions of an OS too soon is not an good idea. There have always been servere compability issues despite what the manufacturer claims. Also new versions tend to make more demands on hardware, so sont be surprised if you find yourself buying a new computer...
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Rickplayer
Yes what nilton said is true I got a new laptop it came with windows 8 and I have upgraded it to 10 with no problem. I also have a older Dell laptop and put windows upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and had to go back to windows 7 because it ran so slow and my programs couldn't keep up. Windows 10 is great on newer computers. You can try it and always go back to the operating system you have now.
posted on #4
goldtop68
Not worried about the computer, it did come with windows 8 to begin with, and is reasonably up to date. What I am concerned with is losing the ability to run my ancient Nuendo (Cubase) and Steinberg CI1
posted on #5
DannyK
I would hold off. Do you need Windows 10 for other software? Is that why you want to upgrade? Running in compatibility mode isn't ideal and from this list [url=https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/product-compatibility-info-regarding-microsoft-windows-10.html]Nuendo isn't supported on Windows 10 either although your CI1 is[/url]. According to another article, though, [url=http://www.howtogeek.com/219782/is-windows-10-backwards-compatible-with-your-existing-software/]your current setup should work in 10 if it's working in 8[/url].
posted on #6
goldtop68
I probably will hold off on it, unless it's automatic while I'm away.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is good for your creativity. Where else do you get to jam with many excellent musicians, world-wide, from the comfort of your studio?
Gatorblue from United States

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.