Home »Forum»Musicians forum»Godin Multiac Nylon Encore Natur Problem 3rd string

Godin Multiac Nylon Encore Natur Problem 3rd string

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
I have a Godin Multiac Nylon Encore Natur

You can see it at https://www.thomann.de/es/godin_multiac_encore.htm

I actually stopped using it for a few months since I bought the Yamaha Silent nylon, but I had a problem with the yamaha and went back to the Godin.

I have put in a new set of strings from Savarez normal tension and I appreciate that the third string sounds a lot less than the 1st and 2nd and of course the others.

I thought that it could be a problem with the strings, so I have put a new set of D'Addario hard tension but the problem remains the same, although it has improved a little but it is difficult to play like this because when I fall on the third one I cut the line I am making.

I have opened the back cover to check if, by chance, there was some bad contact but the electronics seems perfect as they are all continuous wires from the saddle on the bridge to the volume control.

I attach some pictures and a sound test in case someone thinks it could be.

Thanks in advance. Greetings to all.
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Andri wrote:

I actually stopped using it for a few months since I bought the Yamaha Silent nylon, but I had a problem with the yamaha and went back to the Godin.

I have put in a new set of strings from Savarez normal tension and I appreciate that the third string sounds a lot less than the 1st and 2nd and of course the others.

I thought that it could be a problem with the strings, so I have put a new set of D'Addario hard tension but the problem remains the same, although it has improved a little but it is difficult to play like this because when I fall on the third one I cut the line I am making.

I have opened the back cover to check if, by chance, there was some bad contact but the electronics seems perfect as they are all continuous wires from the saddle on the bridge to the volume control.

Andri attached the following image:

posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:

posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:

posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:

posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:

posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:
Andri wrote:

posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
Andri wrote:

Andri attached the following file:
godin.mp3
posted on #9
User Avatar Supporter
Is the saddle seated good?
Try moving it gently.

It is possible the saddle is defective.

Replacement of a single saddle is possible but requires attention to color codes and age for best performance.

COLOR CODE

If replacing only a single saddle, the installer or repair technician should always use saddles with the same color code as the original set because this ensures as close to original performance as possible. This code [color bands] is painted on each pickup cable about an inch away from each saddle.

Additional information:

https://stores.soundislandmusic.com/rmc-ags-single-saddle-replacement-typical-for-godin-guitars-1998-or-newer/
Edited by FrankieJ on Ottobre 11 2020 19:42
posted on #10
User Avatar Supporter
Frankie points to the same bug that I mentioned before Andri;) She doesn't know the color code of the saddles, but it seems that this is the reason for the bug :(
:)
posted on #11
User Avatar Supporter
Hi Frankie!

I think the colour code is red. They are all the same from what I see in the pictures. What do you think?
Thank you so much!
posted on #12
User Avatar Supporter
Yes. Appears RED to me.
posted on #13
User Avatar Supporter
You can make a request to the company "Godin" at:

service@godinguitars.com
:o
posted on #14
User Avatar Supporter
What a disappointment! I sent all the photos to Godin by email and his response is absurd.

info@godinguitars.com
18:28 (hace 1 hora)

Hi Andrés,

That's the Multiac Nylon SA.
You can clean the 3rd string's piezo saddle with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab.

Regards,

Michel Bélanger
support clients/customer service
Godin Guitars
posted on #15
User Avatar Supporter
Tell this genius that it doesn't work and that you need a new piezo for the Godin Encore and not the Multiac.
:o
posted on #16
User Avatar Supporter
Andri wrote:
What a disappointment! I sent all the photos to Godin by email and his response is absurd.

info@godinguitars.com
18:28 (hace 1 hora)

Hi Andrés,

That's the Multiac Nylon SA.
You can clean the 3rd string's piezo saddle with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab.

Regards,

Michel Bélanger
support clients/customer service
Godin Guitars

I am unfamiliar with that remedy. Perhaps it is possible that oxidation or some other substance such as polish residue could have something to do with it. I would try his suggestion.
Careful to not allow the alcohol to come in contact with the wood or guitar.
posted on #17
User Avatar Supporter
Hi Andri,
I had the same with a multiac ... there was a buzz on the 3rd string.. I went to my dealer and they changed a saddle .. after this action the loudness was down by 50% .. Again I went there, and they asked for pardon.. and said: we put the wrong color code in..
You do not want to go to your dealer??
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Edwardough from United States

"I support wikiloops because I once didn't have money and really wanted to have a database like this! Now that I do have a little more money, I can help!"

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali .