Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Track Separation And Remixing

Track Separation And Remixing

posted on #1
JoeOnBass
Just putting this out there, as it was new to me a couple months back.

Sometimes I find an older track our brethren have recorded some years ago and I want to add to it, but it has been mixed and I can't play over it - being predominately a bassist, removing previous bass lines allows me to give it a shot. Especially when some of the older tracks were done on "older primitive equipment" and we've all come a long way since then.

A friend mentioned the online software "Moises" and I gave it a try.

The free version allows 5 uses per month and will separate basic tracks out, giving you the ability to remix without a particular instrument, ex. take out the bass, or take out the drums - or you can pull out and download separated tracks and remix them yourself, which I recently did on #247050 - the Wizards of War track.

It's a pretty amazing tool for what we do, and I know some people want to revive recordings that were done ten years ago and the original stems are long gone. Have fun!

The website: https://moises.ai/
+7
posted on #2
Ernie440 Supporter
That's cool Joe. :W Wow!
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
LittleWing Supporter
HEY! What did you do do to my track!

Just kidding.....

That was when I went by Relativity on the Loops.

Those track stems are long gone on a bad hard drive so glad you did find something to separate it.

This is impressive . Its kind of getting into audio forensics at this point.

Good job!
posted on #4
JoeOnBass
LittleWing wrote:
HEY! What did you do do to my track!

Just kidding.....

That was when I went by Relativity on the Loops.

Those track stems are long gone on a bad hard drive so glad you did find something to separate it.

This is impressive . Its kind of getting into audio forensics at this point.

Good job!

It's a cool tool for getting a chance to play on a track that's already had bass on it. Free 5 times a month, then I think there's a nominal $15 or something.
+1
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
Sounds interesting! Does it only separate bass tracks?
+1
posted on #6
hartmut Supporter
It can remove anything, even things which don't exist yet. E.g., I have a beautiful song and don't sing along . Then I apply the AI and afterwards I receive the original song without my singing. Hallelujah!
+1
posted on #7
cmdr_chill Supporter
Intrigued I registered and uploaded one professional wav track to Moises yesterday for track separation. I'd hoped to get the bass separated but it remained entwined with the guitars (the vox & drums were ok). Admittedly this was a test of just one song but I feel while the s/w is showing promise (and it's a neat idea) it needs some further development.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
When I first seen this site I just could not believe the things you could do with other musicians, gone from strength to strength and its all dong to everyone as great musicians, long may it continue.
tron12 from Ireland

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.