Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
The New Waves Plugins Subscription Plan

The New Waves Plugins Subscription Plan

posted on #1
LittleWing Supporter
As of right now Waves Plug Ins is no longer buy and own. Alot of people are upset because they make very popular plug ins and suddenly if you want to buy more, you have to go on a subscription plan.
There was no announcement over this.

If you own Waves plug ins, they are still yours but when it comes time to upgrade to a new operating system etc...you will have to go to a new subscription plan which costs the same as the prior "Update Plan".

They have monthly and yearly subscriptions now that will get you every plug in they make for either $14.99 a month or $249.00 a year.You get every oplug in they make and unlimited support

I currently have 90% of all their plug ins and love them. Waves are created by engineers at Abbey Road Studios. They and Ozone are the two big boys when it comes to plugins.

For me the subscription is worth it as I probably spend that yearly price on plug ins anyway., however for some , its goodbye to an old friend.

Here is a video explaining the details if you are a confused Waves owner suddenly hearing this.

[youtube]OEtHurGgVMM[/youtube]
+2
posted on #2
zedders Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
As of right now Waves Plug Ins is no longer buy and own. Alot of people are upset because they make very popular plug ins and suddenly if you want to buy more, you have to go on a subscription plan.
There was no announcement over this.

If you own Waves plug ins, they are still yours but when it comes time to upgrade to a new operating system etc...you will have to go to a new subscription plan which costs the same as the prior "Update Plan".

They have monthly and yearly subscriptions now that will get you every plug in they make for either $14.99 a month or $249.00 a year.You get every oplug in they make and unlimited support

I currently have 90% of all their plug ins and love them. Waves are created by engineers at Abbey Road Studios. They and Ozone are the two big boys when it comes to plugins.

For me the subscription is worth it as I probably spend that yearly price on plug ins anyway., however for some , its goodbye to an old friend.

Here is a video explaining the details if you are a confused Waves owner suddenly hearing this.

[youtube]OEtHurGgVMM[/youtube]
Waves did a U-turn. You can continue to buy them outright and your existing ones will be supported. The subscription plans will now run alongside the old ways. Good thing too. I would not have been happy if I owned Waves plugins.
+1
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
LittleWing Supporter
Appreciate the heads up! They owe me a year of second licenses as I paid for it in January. I love Waves and don’t want to give it up but this was a complete mess.

Letter from Meir Shashoua, Waves CTO and Co-Founder – March 29, 2023:

Dear Waves community,

Over the past few days, many of you have expressed concerns about our decision to discontinue perpetual plugin licenses and our move to an exclusive plugin subscription model. I would like to start by apologizing for the frustration we have caused many of you, our loyal customers. We understand that our move was sudden and disruptive, and did not sufficiently take into consideration your needs, wishes, and preferences. We are genuinely sorry for the distress it has caused.

After respectfully listening to your concerns, I want to share with you that we are bringing back the perpetual plugin license model, side-by-side with the new subscriptions. You will again be able to get plugins as perpetual licenses, just as before.

In addition, those of you who already own perpetual licenses will once again be able to update your plugins and receive a second license via the Waves Update Plan—again, just as before. This option, too, will be available alongside and independently of the subscription program.

We are currently putting all our efforts into making perpetual licenses available to you again, as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can keep up-to-date on this webpage, where we will post real-time updates as they are available.

I would like you to know that we are committed to you, our users. We listened to your feedback, and we will continue to listen to you. Waves is a company filled with users and creators, just like you, and we are all as passionate about the products as you are. With this in mind, we will strive to find the way to make things right by you, and hopefully regain your trust.

Thank you for your feedback and continued support—I wish you all the best,

Meir Shashoua
CTO and Co-Founder
Waves Audio
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
All the friendly people and the great community needs and earns support. Here is mine.
Mike_66 from Germany

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.