Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Player/play on iphone device not working?

player/play on iphone device not working?

posted on #1
rootshell Supporter
unfortunately i don't have an iphone, but i've sent WL links to tracks and they won't play on the iphone (numerous people can't play it). in the past, they were able to play/stream the track...just reporting.
+1
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
i just did a quick test series using a professional device emulator (as I do not have an iphone at hand either), and could not reproduce the issue so far...
If you could find out which browser and iOs build / device generation is having issues, I might be able to spot the bug.
Mind, autoplay does not work on iPhones, people need to start the track manually, that's a common bandwidth-saving setting on mobile devices.

I am assuming you directed people to the track detail pages, right? Or am I looking at the wrong corner?
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
rootshell Supporter
I text the URL, they visit, and the play button doesn't 'play' or respond. multiple people, commonality is iPhone. I tried to make them switch to an Android (j/k about that last part :D ) latest iOS and safari. I'll try for more details.
+1
posted on #4
rootshell Supporter
my g/f was able to play the track, not sure if it just resolved itself or was just end-user error :)
+1
posted on #5
shiihs Supporter
I mentioned wikiloops on another site (adding a link to one of my tracks https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-286258.php ) and several users reported that the play buttons don't work for them :(

One however had an observation which might mean something to someone using a Mac (I don't):

"I am using eqMac equalizer and when I disconnected it - It works, I can listen to your piece!!!?"

Another one said

"For some reason it also doesn't play for me. The entire panel at the top doesn't respond to any of my input."

Are there any known browser extensions or whatever that might interfere with the player functionality?
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops, the first place for sharing my ideas in music. Meet fantastic musicians all over the world. I'm learning every day! You will love it!!
frankyguitar from Germany

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.