Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Your all free of my support

Your all free of my support

posted on #1
JoeOnBass
Okay Whiners. All of the music I took time to organize, perform on, mix and master and that I personally paid to have available for the world to hear has been removed from all streaming services this morning. I will be keeping all of my handywork available on my personal website because, well, because fuck you, I worked on it, I'm keeping it. Wikiloops was fun, and I welcome you all to return to obscurity where half a dozen people hear your works and it's forgotten as soon as a new track is uploaded.

Dick, you're a hero and I believe in what you've done, it's amazing that you created all of this, but when ungrateful people feel the need to personally thrash me for caring and believing in the music, it's time for me go.
+2
posted on #2
MySounds Supporter
Joe, deep breath and maybe a a good glas of something. Mistakes get made, the later they are discovered the louder the accusations. So what's new...

If you think that some of the content on Wikiloops deserves more exposure (no doubt you're right, there's great stuff here and some of it involves you), let's sit down and think about solutions. But they have to be solution for and approved by Wikiloops. I'm sure that with your in-depth industry experience something can be done to adress the problem. I also realise that we have members for who it's perhaps professionally important to showcase their talent and you might be one of them. So let's have a discussion on how that might be achieved.

Ending your whole Wikiloops journey just because you took a wrong turn seems like an overkill....just speaking for myself and no one else.
+6
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Acousticeg Supporter
I have no idea whats happened. But when I saw the: Your all free of my support: and that my friend Joe who has inspired some of the best moments I have known in many years. And certainly the most fun as well. It would be a great loss for Wiki to lose one of it's most creative and versatile musicians. Just so you know Joe your on my top ten list of people I'd like to meet. And better yet jam and shoot the shit with. But like you said fuck it...But keep on making music. I hope one of those places remains here.
+2
posted on #4
LittleWing Supporter
You missed all the holaballoo. Day late dollar short. You snooze, you lose.

And I get a feeling you even have your Joes crossed and you’re referring to me .
You are making me cry tears of happiness. I love you bro.
+1
posted on #5
Acousticeg Supporter
I don't get what you mean?
+1
posted on #6
Acousticeg Supporter
Oh , I see your making fun of me.
+1
posted on #7
LittleWing Supporter
Acousticeg wrote:
Oh , I see your making fun of me.

No Rick. I think you confused your Joes though.
posted on #8
Acousticeg Supporter
You are correct, I am easily confused. I'm going to go play my guitar now. lol:)
+3
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
bassman78fr Supporter
Curious reaction, Joe.
It is not the Wikiloopers who issued the internal regulations to the community but its administrators.
Are you making yourself a victim?
I have a hard time understanding...
For my part, when I want my contributions to benefit from an external distribution, I do so through another community whose name I would not mention out of respect for Wikiloops and its members.
+3
posted on #10
LittleWing Supporter
[img]https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/C5612AQHxcPNck8gRyA/article-cover_image-shrink_600_2000/0/1534957079326?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=q6qyWEDk-aqKvi4P0GwCPwti-MwLUBGuMJQ315MGv3I[/img]
+1
posted on #11
Ernie440 Supporter
haha @ the cartoon :D
posted on #12
bassman78fr Supporter
I believe that the members of our community have been rather moderate towards you and your behavior.
I conclude that instead of adopting an attitude of repentance, you prefer to use invective towards us.
Despite Richard’s recommendations to moderation.
Richard is too good and should have, in my opinion, revoked your account without any scruples.
As an anecdote, I only have a cap with the logo "Wikiloops", but I’m still a fan.
+1
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #13
MySounds Supporter
@bassman78fr:

I think the issue has run it`s course. Beating the dead horse (or LittleWings cow) won`t help. And I wouldn`t put too much into the responses which were written in the heat of the moment. A mistake was made, tempers flared and the outcome is a loss to all involved. Time to get the heart rate down again and hopefully Joe will be back with the same positive attitude and input he has always shown here.

News from the A&E department: Don`t take everything at face value. When you read the instruction on the can "Stand in boiling water before eating" it refers to the can.
+1
posted on #14
LittleWing Supporter
[b] Beating the dead horse (or LittleWings cow).

Initially it does appear to be a cow however due to the presence of flies, it could be a horse and the two splotches are merely decomposition setting in.
Of course there is no mane either further supporting the “cow” assumption but hair is one of the first items that decomposes and that would precede the latter stages of rigor mortis.
Factor in that the tail is more horselike then cow, probablilty favors that it is indeed a very dead horse.
+1
posted on #15
Ernie440 Supporter
where'd that funny cartoon go? :O
posted on #16
LittleWing Supporter
Ernie440 wrote:

It’s still there. I just refreshed and am looking at it .
+1
posted on #17
Ernie440 Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
Ernie440 wrote:

It’s still there. I just refreshed and am looking at it .

that's odd I can't see it ... when I quote it, I can see the img code for it but I can't see it .. oh well :O
posted on #18
LittleWing Supporter
It’s there . I refreshed again to be sure and sho nuff lil fuzzy bear is beating the stuffing out of that cow/horse thing.
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #19
Ernie440 Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
It’s there . I refreshed again to be sure.

I believe you ... I just pumped the addy into my address bar and there it was .. hmmm oh well .. something to do with my browser maybe ..
posted on #20
LittleWing Supporter
You may want to update your Netscape browser.
Cancel that AOL membership while your at it and upgrade to a 12 kbps modem.
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops has not only improved my bassplaying, but I have also made new friends around the world! For example I visited Wade in NZ last year.
haddock from Sweden

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.