Home » Forum » Hey there... »
Hello and Thank you!

Hello and Thank you!

posted on #1
jaq369
Greetings all. I just signed up yesterday and so far I'm very impressed. A little backstory as to how I got here. I just got back into playing electric guitar and with that comes an addiction to pedals and tone altering equipment. I this week i purchased a decent looper with some basic software that can import and export mp3s. I thought to myself, "why not find some backing tracks to load onto the pedal (holds up to 40 tacks and i think they can get up to 4:00 each) and the G-search landed me here. I did my single free download then immediately signed up. There is some great talented people here and having a real backing track to jam along with is really so much fun for me since I am not in a situation to jam with real people in the real world right now. Thank you all for this site, it is a real gift to the lonely musician.

Last thing. Can anyone direct me to some grungy-classic rock backings in the style of Neil Young and Crazy Horse (Weld, Rust Never Sleeps, etc)? I would love to have some loops like that to jam along with.
+6
posted on #2
Ernie440 Supporter
jaq369 wrote:
Greetings all. I just signed up yesterday and so far I'm very impressed. A little backstory as to how I got here. I just got back into playing electric guitar and with that comes an addiction to pedals and tone altering equipment. I this week i purchased a decent looper with some basic software that can import and export mp3s. I thought to myself, "why not find some backing tracks to load onto the pedal (holds up to 40 tacks and i think they can get up to 4:00 each) and the G-search landed me here. I did my single free download then immediately signed up. There is some great talented people here and having a real backing track to jam along with is really so much fun for me since I am not in a situation to jam with real people in the real world right now. Thank you all for this site, it is a real gift to the lonely musician.

Last thing. Can anyone direct me to some grungy-classic rock backings in the style of Neil Young and Crazy Horse (Weld, Rust Never Sleeps, etc)? I would love to have some loops like that to jam along with.

Welcome aboard, you'll have fun here. Pump some search words into that search box and do some exploring .. you'll be amazed at what you might find to jam on .. no shortage of tracks here. :D
+3
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
LittleWing Supporter
Welcome. Just use Search and type "Neil Young".

You need to learn how to navigate the remix tree. That just takes a little practice. You can jump anywhere inside the track and do your own vocals or guitar etc...

These are just to give you an idea of past Neil Young type songs here.

You make your own versions by jumping in the remix tree and doing your very own adds. Please share. Everyone wants to hear them.

[wl]46500[/wl]

Again ..you can go in the remix tree and jump in and add whereever you want.
[wl]72506[/wl]

You may want to search Gatorblues tractography. He seems he does alot of Neil type songs.Always look for musicians who play the style you like,jam with them and listen to their tracks.
[wl]128399[/wl]

Heres same track without Gators vocals. You can add your own and reupload. Look at the track remix tree and jump in at any point.
[wl]71928[/wl]

Search Tom Petty as well. Same style.
+1
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
Welcome to the Loops, great to have you here :) I am sure you will have a great time here, once you get familiar with the search function you will surely find a huge amount of tracks to play with. Remember, the main thing is to have fun ;)
posted on #5
jaq369
Thanks for all the replies. I have been digging around with the search function and found a lot of great tracks, but rock is such a broad genre and there.are so many to dig through. I found lots of fun tracks, but haven't yet found anything with that specific flavor.
+1
posted on #6
LittleWing Supporter
jaq369 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I have been digging around with the search function and found a lot of great tracks, but rock is such a broad genre and there.are so many to dig through. I found lots of fun tracks, but haven't yet found anything with that specific flavor.

Wikiloops is very deep. You havent even scratched the surface. You stated tracks that sound like Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

If you are adding guitar and vocals, that could be any track really.
If you want someone singing Neil youngish that narrows the field.

Welcome and all I can tell you is keep searching keyterms. Sometimes people will use clever titles like "Cinnamon Bun" to reference a track that sounds like "Cinnamon Girl".

Wikiloops is an endless vault filled with treasures to those who seek.

You will never find a direct chord for chord backing of say Cortez the Killer but you will more likely find maybe a close chord progression as copyright infringement isnt allowed here.

You can get close but not a note for note cover of a song.

Happy Jamming!
+1
posted on #7
jaq369
LittleWing wrote:
jaq369 wrote:

Wikiloops is very deep. You havent even scratched the surface. You stated tracks that sound like Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

If you are adding guitar and vocals, that could be any track really.
If you want someone singing Neil youngish that narrows the field.

Welcome and all I can tell you is keep searching keyterms. Sometimes people will use clever titles like "Cinnamon Bun" to reference a track that sounds like "Cinnamon Girl".

Wikiloops is an endless vault filled with treasures to those who seek.

You will never find a direct chord for chord backing of say Cortez the Killer but you will more likely find maybe a close chord progression as copyright infringement isnt allowed here.

You can get close but not a note for note cover of a song.

Happy Jamming!

This is the advice I was looking for. Thank you!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wonderful Idea.
LuckyHarp from Italy

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.