Home » Forum » Musicians forum »
Mixing genres in collaboration

Mixing genres in collaboration

Shamika Posted on 12 set 2023 #1
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1071
Joined: 4 feb 2012
Would you ever produce a multi-genre song or collaborate with a musician who is quite different from yourself. I'm thinking Rock and Classical, Country and Gospel, Folk and Hip Hop ?
+7
TeeGee Posted on 16 set 2023 #2
TeeGee
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2276
Joined: 27 set 2014
I always liked blues mixed with Hiphop, here is a Wikiloops one I did a while ago [wl]120087[/wl]

One of my fvourite blues Hiphop almums is good old RL Burnside, check it out [youtube]vLDN9JuAK1I?si=ZFVHYnapIj5nPuDz[/youtube]
+4
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
Bothen Posted on 16 set 2023 #3
Bothen
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: 18 dic 2015
I did a classical number that turned into a classical rocker. Pederson started it with his wonderful Piano skills

Dana came in and did some smoking guitar work.

CS followed with a killer bassline

and I put in some drums and percussion.

wikiloops track ID: #85607
+1
Shamika Posted on 16 set 2023 #4
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1071
Joined: 4 feb 2012
TeeGee, I think your "Dizzy" is a better example of mixed genres than Burnsides actually :)

Bothen, Wow, Epic! Those classical drums fit in so well to this Rock production :W
GBD Posted on 17 set 2023 #5
GBD
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: 14 set 2016
#187138 Cool Funk Bass jam by JMB65 I added a Jazz Swing beat because I don’t like staying in a box
#270136 I added drums to JMB65 in 2020 no response so I added the drums to Marceys jam.
FrankieJ Posted on 17 set 2023 #6
FrankieJ
SUPPORTER
Posts: 227
Joined: 16 lug 2015
Slight mix of genre in this one.

[wl]86308[/wl]
+2
Shamika Posted on 17 set 2023 #7
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1071
Joined: 4 feb 2012
GDB, thanks, nice but not too extreme yet :)

Frankie, thanks, Flamenco meets Turkish Delight :)
rootshell Posted on 17 set 2023 #8
rootshell
SUPPORTER
Posts: 626
Joined: 4 lug 2020
Mark had an interesting template that I joined in on, made it a bit rock-orchestra-hip/hop style :)
[wl]222926[/wl]
+1
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
Shamika Posted on 17 set 2023 #9
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1071
Joined: 4 feb 2012
Wow, that really works, powerful film soundtrack I'd say
+1
Krasimir Posted on 19 set 2023 #10
Krasimir
SUPPORTER
Posts: 291
Joined: 24 gen 2016
Why not all experiments are welcome. From other point of view result is unpredictable but always can delete the collaboration. B)
+1
zedders Posted on 19 set 2023 #11
zedders
Member
Posts: 281
Joined: 30 gen 2021
Krasimir wrote:
Why not all experiments are welcome. From other point of view result is unpredictable but always can delete the collaboration. B)
No need even to do that is there?

I love the loops best when the completely unexpected happens, it's wonderful that different folk hear different things in a track, it's the beating heart of wikiloops.
+2
Le jamsession online di wikiloops sono disponibili con il gentile sostegno di:
user profile image
My guitar sat in a corner. Then I discovered wikiloops and now, not one day has gone by that I haven't played it.
Psycho

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.