Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
What would we do without wikiloops ?

What would we do without wikiloops ?

posted on #1
Shamika Supporter
Many wikiloopers spend many hours doing WL stuff. I recently took a break from online activities and it was very 'head-clearing' at first, but I found myself in limbo without a daily WL boost

Now just imagine if wikiloops did not exist ! :( would you need professional help to get you through the trauma of loops withdrawal symptoms ?
+5
posted on #2
wjl Supporter
To answer short, with Loriot (see https://gutezitate.com/zitat/117603 in case you understand German):

Life without Wikiloops is possible, but pointless...
+1
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Shamika Supporter
Weekends at wikiloops can be rather quiet, your upload sits in wait as most normal folk with real families have stuff to do offline - but there are certain days and certain times where the upload queue is bulging and fast moving. I'm an early morning attender and while everyone says "Woohoo it's Friday" I think "Boohoo hurry up Monday" (Obviously I don't have a proper job)
+1
posted on #4
rootshell Supporter
I probably wouldn't play at all, or hardly. Wikiloops has spoiled me a bit. I don't want to jam 'in-person' anymore, I can jam whenever... wearing whatever (or nothing at all). If the loops wasn't around I'd probably just bang on my acoustic and watch more TV.
+7
posted on #5
mrsasandco Supporter
It's been 3 years since I played in a group. Every two months I meet old friends to play. I used backings found on the internet, some of which came from wikiloops. I created my personal website and a YouTube channel, but that was no longer enough, I lacked contact. Since then I have discovered the real world of wiikiloops with real musicians. My arms and fingers are no longer so reliable, but my mind is enchanted. Thank you to all of you.
+7
posted on #6
Krasimir Supporter
mrsasandco wrote:
It's been 3 years since I played in a group. Every two months I meet old friends to play. I used backings found on the internet, some of which came from wikiloops. I created my personal website and a YouTube channel, but that was no longer enough, I lacked contact. Since then I have discovered the real world of wiikiloops with real musicians. My arms and fingers are no longer so reliable, but my mind is enchanted. Thank you to all of you.

+2
posted on #7
Krasimir Supporter
Without Wikiloops that is nightmare.
+2
posted on #8
mrsasandco Supporter
Krasimir wrote:

A nightmare !!! You're exaggerating a little 😂😂😂
+2
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Krasimir Supporter
mrsasandco wrote:
Krasimir wrote:

A nightmare !!! You're exaggerating a little 😂😂😂

Little.... Yes let say will get borring time.
+1
posted on #10
CrowzValle
Without wikiloops I would probably still be in a band. That is not is not as much fun in my 50s. Especially playing metal. I spent over 30 years of my life dealing with other people's inadequacies or addiction issues. It is so much more fun just doing it with the help of a few friends here on the loops
+7
posted on #11
hartmut Supporter
i would miss so many templates to play on and the freedom to do so without ads and commercials.
+4
posted on #12
Acousticeg Supporter
CrowzValle wrote:
Without wikiloops I would probably still be in a band. That is not is not as much fun in my 50s. Especially playing metal. I spent over 30 years of my life dealing with other people's inadequacies or addiction issues. It is so much more fun just doing it with the help of a few friends here on the loops

Same here...just couldn't take the stress anymore.
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
posted on #13
Acousticeg Supporter
rootshell wrote:
I probably wouldn't play at all, or hardly. Wikiloops has spoiled me a bit. I don't want to jam 'in-person' anymore, I can jam whenever... wearing whatever (or nothing at all). If the loops wasn't around I'd probably just bang on my acoustic and watch more TV.

On the other hand there are many here I would love to jam live with...you can wear what ever you like. lol
+5
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Hi Wikiloops, dank jullie wel voor deze ongelofelijke leuke site. Je speelt wereldwijd samen met fantastische muzikanten Heel inspirerend.
FMH from Netherlands

wikiloops.com usa i Cookies per fornirti la miglior esperienza di navigazione.
Leggi di più nella nostra nota sulla tutela dei dati personali.